2018/19 Idrissa Gueye

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who said theyre happy with 40 pts

You and someone else are crying about a transitional season where were 2-3 seasons off being able to see a squad rebuild.

Posters calling for the managers head.

Unbelievable.

The same being said when Martinez was here. And up to this moment I don’t see any progress. Results count in the end. If he manages to get 7th then I’ll see progress.

It’s negative fans bringing up and I’m just replying. People think by selling an average player like Gana is goung to send us into free fall. Funny how we are in an awful run and he’s been part of it.

Fair enough. I actually do not oppose to sell a 29 years old dm in the summer. It’s if we can get a proper replacement when he is sold. Clearly I don’t think it is the right time now.

Tell that to Silva.

I could have misnterpreted but I got the impression from Silva in the press conference that if the money was right he would understand Gueye being sold? Something along the lines of 'in these moments it comes down to money...'

Also from his point of view he is currently being told he has no money to spend, so if this would allow him to buy even 1 player he actually wanted it could seem attractive to him.

Let him go, put the money away for August transfer window. I really don't blame him to be honest. At his age it is a terrific opportunity.

Let's be honest here. We are out of the FA Cup, not getting into Europe via our league position and there are, just, 3 worse teams in the league than us, so we aren't getting relegated.

I would play a few more youngsters now such as JJK etc and tell everyone that they are playing for their positions next season as big changes will happen at the end of the season.

Not saying it would work but it sure as hell couldn't make things worse could it.

I would also have a look at the young 'keeper we got from Arsenal.

We should probably let him go simply because the narrative we should be trying to depict to potential signings, especially young ones, is that you can develop here, start regulary and if an acceptable offer from a bigger and better club comes in then we won’t block your development path. The lad is 29 and is being offered the chance to win titles and potentially a champions league. Personally I’m doubtful his absence would be that much of a detriment to the rest of our season- we’ll amble along to a finish between 7-12th- and would therefore cash in now.

I'd say he can go but in this market he is worth a lot more than 21m. PSG have put in a low ball offer knowing the player will try to push the move to a champions league (and trophy winning) club.

If Gueye wants to go then he and his agent should forego any payments and make up the difference so the total coming back to Everton is £30 million, or 21m down payment with 14 million in extras over the next few years based on easily obtainable achievements + a sell on clause if those payments haven't been made.

I could have misnterpreted but I got the impression from Silva in the press conference that if the money was right he would understand Gueye being sold? Something along the lines of 'in these moments it comes down to money...'

Also from his point of view he is currently being told he has no money to spend, so if this would allow him to buy even 1 player he actually wanted it could seem attractive to him.

I meant more in people saying there's nothing to lose or gain if he's sold.

Yet they'll be the sames ones - well, some of them might be, not @ToffeeTim, because he's generally pretty reasonable and fair with his criticism - demanding Silva is sacked, even though by their own logic there's nothing to play for.

Got bored of watching him this season. Would like a midfielder than can pass and shoot now.
£30 mill here, not lower then £28.

We need to make it worth our while.

He’s a one dimensional player, who happens to be very good at that one dimension, we just need 3D players.

I’d be binning him off in the summer anyway, but wouldn’t loose him if it wasn’t worth our while.

That's about my feelings on him, he is alright. But his passing and shooting is generally poor, ok he wins the ball, it's what you do next with the ball that's equally important! He ain't no Barry? Can't remember who or where but it was one of those TV football interviews, one question, who is the worst shot taker in the squad, Gueye was the answer given in fits of laughter with the empathis on really bad!

In reality I don't have an issue with players wanting to move on. It becomes an issue when they do it with days left in the mid season transfer window. Shows disregard for the club that has made his name. Keep him and sell in summer.

Anything north of 30m would be good business. I’m not convinced he would be replaced in this window either, unless a buyer can be found for Schneiderlin, with not a lot left to play for this season he might be brought back in to the fold to put him in the shop window for summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.