2018/19 Idrissa Gueye

Status
Not open for further replies.
Silvas going nowhere.

I wouldnt bother with Gomes unless he starts hitting the form he showed for a handful of games.

Win tonight and we have 33 points the same as current 7th position and 14pts above current relegation with 14 games left.

We would need 2 wins and a draw from 14 games.

Who knows when Moshiri asserted 11th is not good enough. And 11th is below average.

So people now happy with 40 points and believe him to take the club forward next season? This is just unreal and it’s called blind faith.

Laughable mate. Huddersfield and Fulham won’t even get to 30 points. The 3rd from bottom team will have 36 points at best imo.

We will not be getting dragged into a relegation scrap.

It’s a real disaster when we all discussing safety is all Everton wants. This is regression.

3 points off 7th and EL spot. There is still something to play for.

If people are happy with midtable 11th etc no wonder some people were happy to give Martinez the third season.

I understand it might be good to cash in on him at 29 but to think about some below par player now getting a start and the possibility of club getting beaten continually due to weakening the starting eleven even further? This is not a wise idea.

Of course there's still something to play for. And in any other season 11th isn't good enough.

But I'd rather spend a season discarding the deadwood and players that don't want to be here, flaws being massively exposed, for us to hopefully improve for the next.

That doesn't happen. Then theres no excuses.

Martinez ran out of excuses and hung on to the FA Cup semi final. Koeman ran out of excuses.

Until Silva is out of excuses, he stays.

Who knows when Moshiri asserted 11th is not good enough. And 11th is below average.

So people now happy with 40 points and believe him to take the club forward next season? This is just unreal and it’s called blind faith.

Who said theyre happy with 40 pts

You and someone else are crying about a transitional season where were 2-3 seasons off being able to see a squad rebuild.

Posters calling for the managers head.

Unbelievable.

Of course there's still something to play for. And in any other season 11th isn't good enough.

But I'd rather spend a season discarding the deadwood and players that don't want to be here, flaws being massively exposed, for us to hopefully improve for the next.

That doesn't happen. Then theres no excuses.

Martinez ran out of excuses and hung on to the FA Cup semi final. Koeman ran out of excuses.

Until Silva is out of excuses, he stays.

I hope he will. I am not sure he will.

Last edited:
I think they are all similar level players so we would see similar level of performances until the end of the season. We then must buy 2 good midfield players.

I exclude Schneiderlein from that list though. He is the most able of our midfielders but his attitude is appalling and he can't be trusted to give acceptable effort levels. So he should be behind Gomes Mccarthy Davies and even the completely unproven Benningime.

We won't be hurt losing him. There is nothing to gain or lose at this point. Our season ended on Saturday.

Tell that to Silva.

Status
Not open for further replies.