2018/19 Idrissa Gueye

Status
Not open for further replies.
Delph will not be as good at winning the ball as Gueye but as he's better on it perhaps we won't need to win it back so much. I think we will be better against the weaker teams but not as competitive against the sky 6.

Delph will not be as good at winning the ball as Gueye but as he's better on it perhaps we won't need to win it back so much. I think we will be better against the weaker teams but not as competitive against the sky 6.
Silva's said that Delph is in addition to Gana. If the latter goes, then he will be replaced. I doubt it will be by somebody as good as him at winning the ball back, but maybe he will be a bit more rounded and better in possession.

I think as we add quality players to the squad you will see Silva start to play different formations for different types of game. So long as we bring in the 3/4 players we need before the window closes, which I truly believe we will, I'm very excited about how we are going to set up this season. I think one thing is for certain and Silva showed it last year, we'll be going after the win whether home or away against any opposition. It won't always happen of course but the intent will be there.

We'll manage fine without him. During his time here he's only really had two great periods of form. His first 10 games for the club and after that 17 day break last season. For most of his time he's been pretty average.

Reactions: jrj
We'll manage fine without him. During his time here he's only really had two great periods of form. His first 10 games for the club and after that 17 day break last season. For most of his time he's been pretty average.
Missed the target there archer. Wide of the mark. Poor arrows. He's been very good in an average to poor side. He's going to need replacing in the next 3-4 seasons so if he wants out and the is right, do it now and replace wisely, but his are big boots to fill

Status
Not open for further replies.