2018/19 Idrissa Gueye

Status
Not open for further replies.

We’re not the type of club that can keep an asset that is only going to decline. Anything over 30 mill is ridiculous money for a player who will be 30 next season. We wait a year and could end up with a player completely disenfranchised, has started to slow down, and is worth about a third of what he is now. Pointless. Sell him, take the money, reinvest in younger up and coming players whose value will grow. Rinse and repeat. If we do this successfully we end up with a squad of quality players that will be successful. This is Brands remit.

We’re not the type of club that can keep an asset that is only going to decline. Anything over 30 mill is ridiculous money for a player who will be 30 next season. We wait a year and could end up with a player completely disenfranchised, has started to slow down, and is worth about a third of what he is now. Pointless. Sell him, take the money, reinvest in younger up and coming players whose value will grow. Rinse and repeat. If we do this successfully we end up with a squad of quality players that will be successful. This is Brands remit.
And get worse. Is that part of the plan?

Look, I understand the idea that no one is replaceable, but I think he'd be nearly impossible to replace. Maybe we could do it with multiple players - get an Ibrahim Sangare and another DM/CM player that could mix and match with Gomes and Siggy, that might make us a better team. HOWEVER, you gotta get enough back to make something like that happen.

I personally think it would be very hard to take 30M for Gana and make us better. I'm also all for taking a few steps back for a giant step forward, but this guy is really an important player for us.

And it's PSG. If they want a player that badly, they need to pony up. They've got PLENTY of money. We don't need to sell, Gana's a professional, we should milk them for every penny they've got.

PSG aren't interested in signing him because he's going to decline, are they? They're interested him because he's a quality player that will improve THEIR squad.

I'd say we aren't a club that are capable of keeping their best players as they hit their prime, and selling your best players isn't some novel strategy. It's what we have been doing for years, and it sets us back each time.

Hopefully we can go on a good cup run.

PSG aren't interested in signing him because he's going to decline, are they? They're interested him because he's a quality player that will improve THEIR squad.

I'd say we aren't a club that are capable of keeping their best players as they hit their prime, and selling your best players isn't some novel strategy. It's what we have been doing for years, and it sets us back each time.

Hopefully we can go on a good cup run.

Every single team on the planet except for Barcelona and Real Madrid sells their best players, have a great day x

Status
Not open for further replies.