2018/19 Idrissa Gueye

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's been about our most consistent player as well as our best. I cannot wait for us to get another physically capable CM/DM to pair up with him in midfield against some of these teams. It's really what we are missing. Man would we be difficult to play against.

This lad is a consummate professional. Would hate it if he moves to PSG in the summer. Hopefully we can kick on in these last few games and show Gana he needs to be here to help us crack the Top 6
He's contracted until 2022. We hold the cards. We didn't succumb to pressure to sell him in January and if we did sell him then we'd need at least 2 new midfielders in the summer, arguably 3. Think he'll still be here if I'm honest. Hopefully we can also bring Gomes in and then a proper BTB player.

Feel a bit arlarse on him now PSG have reportedly wrapped up the Herrera deal, hope his head doesn't go down

.....his attitude and form have been admirable since the January window. There’s an argument to say he’s playing some of the best football of his Everton career.

I don’t know if he’s been told he can have his big money move in the summer, but he’s showing no sign of being in a sulk.

If he does want to leave I have no doubt there would be plenty of takers.
Hopefully, he will see that something is beginning at Everton and wants to be part of it.
More likely is that his agent wants one more big pay day.

Always smiling, always goofin with his teammates, he just seems like a great guy. Although I do wonder if Senegal put a hit on Michael Keane. That is the second time that Gana absolutely smacked him

He's obviously been told "we'll let you go if you show us you're worth of a place in PSG's starting XI", and there's no doubt of that given his performances since their interest. True professional to keep his mouth shut and get on with his job. No qualms him leaving if they flash the cash as he's been a revelation for us and has one final chance to join a big club before he's peaked.

Always smiling, always goofin with his teammates, he just seems like a great guy. Although I do wonder if Senegal put a hit on Michael Keane. That is the second time that Gana absolutely smacked him
It's because he jibbed them and chose England as his national side instead. Keane is one-sixth Senegalese - you can notice it in his natural athleticism.

.....his attitude and form have been admirable since the January window. There’s an argument to say he’s playing some of the best football of his Everton career.

I don’t know if he’s been told he can have his big money move in the summer, but he’s showing no sign of being in a sulk.

think he's just a professional to be fair

re a move, IF psg do sign Herrera, realistically who does he go to?

all the "top" teams in the prem have someone in his mold anyway, as do the big hitters in Europe

can see him staying me

think he's just a professional to be fair

re a move, IF psg do sign Herrera, realistically who does he go to?

all the "top" teams in the prem have someone in his mold anyway, as do the big hitters in Europe

can see him staying me

...fingers crossed, and you’re right in saying he could just be a top professional.

Probably staying now. We're not going to lower our valuation of one of our most important and difficult to replace players and PSG aren't going to spend decent money now after bringing Herrera in the same position.

he was so good against West Ham, absolutely snuffed out everything. I kept thinking of Des Walker and the Forest fans singing 'you'll never beat Des Walker', "You'll never beat Idrissa"

He's obviously been told "we'll let you go if you show us you're worth of a place in PSG's starting XI", and there's no doubt of that given his performances since their interest. True professional to keep his mouth shut and get on with his job. No qualms him leaving if they flash the cash as he's been a revelation for us and has one final chance to join a big club before he's peaked.

Its alright being told he can go but if the team that wanted you fines someone else then there isnt much ypu can do about it.

Feel a bit sorry for him tbh and although not condoning players kicking off, you can see why as if they dont come back for him, he's lost the only chance of moving to a team who are trying to win it all and are at least guaranteed the French league through being professional.

Wouldn't give him an extension on his contract or a raise. But a one off loyalty bonus might be in order at the end of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.