2018/19 Idrissa Gueye

Status
Not open for further replies.
Laughable and clearly not true. Watch last night's game again and give yourself a talking to for being suckered into a mad cult of fallacy and prejudice.

I didn’t watch last nights game , so he may have passed forwards . But city are champions and attack, any team outside the top 6 and he’s useless , especially at home

think he benefited from being in a 3 with gomes and davies first half. it meant they could all take turns in supporting the attack and make forward runs ahead of the forwards, something that our midfielders do not do anywhere enough of

Laughable and clearly not true. Watch last night's game again and give yourself a talking to for being suckered into a mad cult of fallacy and prejudice.

I don't mind it, it means I can easily cast people into the "talks nonsense" category.

This Gana cant pass thing has slowly built up over time and has gone from him not being that good at passing, to being bad and then onto HE OFFERS NOTHING GOING FOWARD, HE CANT PASS AT ALL. etc. It is utter madness.

I'd still sell him, Love the lad but I hate how limited he is. He can't pass, He barely scores he doesn't do anything going forward.
Now I know you'll say but Lelouch that's not Gana's job to do and I agree but the amount of times he finds himself on the edge of the box or in high places up the pitch and the attack breaks down because he just isn't technical enough to do such a thing irks me. I'd take 30m and run with it. I think he might be the most limited defensive midfielder I've seen.

It's a good situation to be honest. He's on a long term deal at 29 and is 30 this year, wants to go to a CL club and knows that we'll only sell for £30m+.

If we sold him in January we would've struggled to replace him for a reasonable fee, and now he'll have to play well for the rest of the season to convince someone to pay the money.

He'll have a solid rest of the season and get his big move, we'll get a good fee and replace an aging player with hopefully a more rounded (and maybe better) player - as well as having from now until the summer to look for the right player.

Win-win.

Status
Not open for further replies.