2018/19 Idrissa Gueye

Status
Not open for further replies.
We actually played some good stuff through the middle early on with Davies and Gomez in closer proximity to Sigurdsson on Saturday, until the defence threw the game away of course. Having Gana there would have had no obvious bearing on any of the 3 goals conceded.

Putting him back in feels conservative, even damage limitation, also potentially missing a chance to build on a set up that looked like it could go forward better (we are talking marginal here, the better none-the-less)

Last edited:
I know we're used to failure recently as Everton supporters but you people need to chill out.

The RS slide has already begun and City are going to win the league regardless of the outcome tonight.

I'm not the least bit concerned.

:coffee:
I’ll never actively want Everton to lose a Game but there are occasions, like tonight, where it just wouldn’t particularly upset me.

I’m glad you’re honest though. I always find it a bit weird when American or any fan without any local ties talks about how much they hate Liverpool, because I just don’t understand why you would. I hate them because of the pain in the arse effect they’ve had on my school, work, family life etc and all the stuff that comes with being surrounded by them. If you’ve always been thousands of miles away that doesn’t affect you, so I completely get why you’re not bothered.

Anyway, I hope Gana plays tonight but doesn’t injure any of their players.

I’ll never actively want Everton to lose a Game but there are occasions, like tonight, where it just wouldn’t particularly upset me.

I’m glad you’re honest though. I always find it a bit weird when American or any fan without any local ties talks about how much they hate Liverpool, because I just don’t understand why you would. I hate them because of the pain in the arse effect they’ve had on my school, work, family life etc and all the stuff that comes with being surrounded by them. If you’ve always been thousands of miles away that doesn’t affect you, so I completely get why you’re not bothered.

I live in France now mate, and I've noticed that it's so much easier when results go badly and we're playing sh!te, to give less of a sh!te as it's true, I don't have anyone really winding me up! If we lose, I just don't watch MOTD and problem solved... Although deep down it hurts as to how bad we are, it's just easier to go about my day/weekend! Don't get me wrong, I'll still be watching us bend over tonight but tomorrow is just another sunny day! Sounds terrible but true!

Not the same ofcourse, but it's pretty rough in Norway too. They come out of the woodwork the second the rs do well. 99% fair weather fans, 100% obnoxious. I really don't get why so many Norwegians like them.

Bad clear, bad tackle for the set piece, but man, the guy can tackle, and his passing has been okay today.
Yep. His one bonehead error cost us a goal. But if we weren't so terrible defending set pieces it wouldn't have mattered.

He's a tackling machine. So many good tackles when City were just about to put through the killer ball on the edge of the box

His passing wasn’t okay, it was very good. Plenty of it was forward. At times he was spraying the ball to the flanks with accuracy, or pinging it down the line with perfect weight. Other than the daft foul it was an excellent performance and he continues to be one of our best players.

Didn’t sulk. Didn’t think the free kick he gave away was rash so much as it was mistimed. Played very well and showed why PSG thought he could be a missing link for them against better passing sides.

It’s a really weird argument to pick to be honest. Gana’s passing isn’t very good, there’s a very valid argument that his passing hinders us in an attacking sense and we would be better with someone more rounded in there. There really isn’t an argument that he always passes backwards and sideways though, none whatsoever. Watching a game or looking at stats would both disprove that notion immediately. I’ve said before, if anything he tries to do too much forward passing for somebody with his limitations.

Exactly , limitations , as in he can’t pass forwards

Status
Not open for further replies.