2018/19 Idrissa Gueye

Status
Not open for further replies.
Noticed hes kept pretty quiet since all this came out,PERSONALLY think hes a bit overated,makes the odd tackle,but passes like most of our players to the oppo 5 yards infront of him,does not seem to make many forward passes at all

I didn’t watch last nights game , so he may have passed forwards . But city are champions and attack, any team outside the top 6 and he’s useless , especially at home
Yes, he continued to lead our team in passes forward by a mile.

He was really good honestly.

Noticed hes kept pretty quiet since all this came out,PERSONALLY think hes a bit overated,makes the odd tackle,but passes like most of our players to the oppo 5 yards infront of him,does not seem to make many forward passes at all
He leads our team in forward passes by a mile and has one of the best completion rates on the team.

Cheeky get! So he has been trying hard, but now he will try even harder for a move? Maybe just be an actual professional and try your best for your employer paying ya £75000 a week regardless ya tool. I don't begrudge him wanting to go to PSG one bit but that's poor.

Nowt wrong with hunger.

Not like we could ever accuse him of dialling it in either.

It's a good situation to be honest. He's on a long term deal at 29 and is 30 this year, wants to go to a CL club and knows that we'll only sell for £30m+.

If we sold him in January we would've struggled to replace him for a reasonable fee, and now he'll have to play well for the rest of the season to convince someone to pay the money.

He'll have a solid rest of the season and get his big move, we'll get a good fee and replace an aging player with hopefully a more rounded (and maybe better) player - as well as having from now until the summer to look for the right player.

Win-win.
It’s only a win win if PSG come back in, which I would be surprised to be honest, but with Gana saying what’s he’s said today maybe he knows something.

It sounds like he is gone in mind. I would still play him as he appears to want to prove his worth. If we get £30-35 million in the summer bite there hands off.

Status
Not open for further replies.