Idrissa Gueye new 5 year deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's with the fume on the twittersphere over this news? And the assumption that it was incompetence on Everton's part to not announce it?

I'm assuming the optics of announcing a new contract for a player in October given our start to the season is the reason they didn't bother making a big deal of this.

I really rate Gana and I'm glad he's been rewarded. I'm sure he'll know that his own performance levels have slipped this season but he always comes across as a sincere bloke who likes being at the club.

Means he will be sold soon. Always happens after these big contract extensions.

Going to Arsenal in the summer.
Gone as soon as we get any offer about 25m imo. Kecks down, Kenwright will bring up Gueye "crying down the phone" and off he'll plop, leaving Schneiderfraud as our only defensive midfielder.

A very good player for us but I don't think any of the teams above us will be chasing him. The idea that Arsenal are interested is fanciful. Wenger only wants players that are absolute footballers whereas Gueye is more about energy and effort than pure football.

Maybe he asked the club to keep schtum about it. Who knows? Anyway, I like him and he's a far better DM when he's not having to carry that French passenger all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.