Idrissa Gueye new 5 year deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluematty84

Player Valuation: £500k
Apoligies if already mentioned somewhere but anyone seen this? Supposedly happened back in October but never announced.....

http://www.[Publication is blacklis...n-twitter-as-news-of-a-new-contract-for-idri/

Gueye is one of the few players who deserves a new contract. He was better last year but he’s still way ahead of some of these jokers.

Totally disagree mate. I think he's had a few really good games and some utterly woeful performances. Not one player in our squad has any right to approach the board and ask for an uodated contract.

Wait until the summer, see what our plans are and then sort it out.

Totally disagree mate. I think he's had a few really good games and some utterly woeful performances. Not one player in our squad has any right to approach the board and ask for an uodated contract.

He has every right and we should be making sure he signs, how much moaning was there when we let the Barkley contract run down? Hopefully we have learnt and this shows it

Yeah the team this season has been awful but we still need to tie the better players down

Of course mate I totally understand that but I think there is a time and a place. I'm sure he signed a 4 year deal until August 2020 so still had 2 seasons plus this season until his contract expired.

If he has signed a new deal and it's a 5 year deal that takes him to 33 years of age.

His agent would of... but at least he didn’t try put feelers out as he’d comfortabily fit into Arsenal’s team!!

Players singing for us and wanting to extend is great, I have no problem with Gueye, bet he’ll still be on less than Morgan!!

His display vs Manchester United last season is one of best I’ve ever seen from a DM at Everton, bullied Pogba out the game!! It would of been a memory victory if the Dutch keeper didn’t make a massive blunder. It’s great Gueye has re-signed. But odly why haven’t club announced?

Of course mate I totally understand that but I think there is a time and a place. I'm sure he signed a 4 year deal until August 2020 so still had 2 seasons plus this season until his contract expired.

If he has signed a new deal and it's a 5 year deal that takes him to 33 years of age.

Contracted for his prime years then with resale value locked in. And if we don't wish to get rid anytime between now and then that's a good deal.
Better conditioning means 33 isn't the barrier it was even 10 years ago for a lot of players.

Status
Not open for further replies.