Hypothetically would you swap Branthwaite fir Richue?

Would you swap em?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
As good as he gets, and even taking into account his age and English nationality premium, alongside seeing the likes of Rice going for £100m, there is still no way at all that an Everton centre half goes for more than Liverpool paid for Dyck van Dike. The media will have him valued at about £40m. I think I even read £20m just one week ago.

I don't think I'd even want Richarlison back unless it was for about £20 -£25 million or on a loan.

I loved him as a person, his attitude and his versatility but right now I don't think he improves our first 11, certainly not by much anyway and I also believe you shouldn't really go back.

Often, players who go abroad on loan end up going back abroad for their next proper move. I guess the experience broadens their world, opens their eyes to other cultures etc.

I reckon if Branthwaite goes, it'll be to a European powerhouse like Madrid, Bayern, Barca etc. Deffo not Spurs.

The numbers don't come close to adding up. Richarlison cost 60m is probably on 200k a week and has flopped. Braithwaite is being talked about as maybe 70 or even 80m is probably on about 50k a week and is on the up. Why would we do a straight swap and end up with 7.5m a year extra cost in wages. It would make absolutely no sense.

Greedy spuds want Branthwaite, if you believe the clickbait. They also want to offload Richarlison, if you believe the clickbait. I believe nothing from the media desperate to create articles out of thin air for revenue. But it got me thinking . . Would you?

For me, it's a resounding no. I like our defence the way it is, and we're knocking goals in without Richie.

Branthwaite is the future.
...and sadly eventually a very remunerative future he will be.
Richue would be a good addition no doubt but not essential
More Levy shenanigans
(Yeah yeah I made a mess of the title. Can't change it either.)

The numbers don't come close to adding up. Richarlison cost 60m is probably on 200k a week and has flopped. Braithwaite is being talked about as maybe 70 or even 80m is probably on about 50k a week and is on the up. Why would we do a straight swap and end up with 7.5m a year extra cost in wages. It would make absolutely no sense.
This is a great point - we can't afford Richarlison level wages anymore. Success/income needs to come first before we go down that route again.

Not a chance! Why on earth would we "swap" a player whose value could very quickly be in excess of £100m+ for a player who we sold for £60m? It's the sort of deal that has got us into the financial mess we are currently in!
From a financial point of view its a no, and from a footballing angle its also a no!

Our days of being able to pay the type of wages Richi is on are over. We should be accepting that Branthwaite is gone in the summer and have several replacements identified. This is where we are now. Trying to cling on and not being properly organised will cause us more problems

Branthwaite is virtually complete profit on the balance sheet. A big fee for him gives us some FFP breathing space

I loved him as a person, his attitude and his versatility but right now I don't think he improves our first 11, certainly not by much anyway and I also believe you shouldn't really go back.
He most definitely would tbf.

He was far more effective than Harrison and mcneil, and has the work rate and energy to do what they do as well.

It won't happen like, but he was class for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.