Hypothetical Manager Shortlist No.1

Next manager of our dearly beloved blueboys?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just wish the club shown some ambition but also creativity. Someone like Emery or Blanc who would make the media sit up and take notice.

Im convinced Fonesca will be the man in so I'm not complaining but say he's another De Boer what happens next season?

We ideally need to appoint someome who's proven and will ensure we will be 7th at the minimum playing good football and competing in the cups.

I just wish the club shown some ambition but also creativity. Someone like Emery or Blanc who would make the media sit up and take notice.

Im convinced Fonesca will be the man in so I'm not complaining but say he's another De Boer what happens next season?

We ideally need to appoint someome who's proven and will ensure we will be 7th at the minimum playing good football and competing in the cups.
Someone whos proven what exactly...won a league abroad? Koeman did that look where that got us.
The likes of Emery or Blanc would demand CL football with many bigger clubs sounding them out.
Fonseca has had 10 clubs in 11 years and inherited a team that had won their 2 horse league virtually every year . ( Having said that my money is on him)
This next appointment is arguable the most important in Evertons history.....get it wrong and we are likely to be in middle table decline for many a year.
We need to be bold and diligent when making that decision.
Sometimes whoever it is, is just the right fit at the right time in the right circumstanes and often its not who he is but what he is.
But that manager needs to be hungry, persistent with a strong character to even start to get us out of this mess.

Someone whos proven what exactly...won a league abroad? Koeman did that look where that got us.
The likes of Emery or Blanc would demand CL football with many bigger clubs sounding them out.
Fonseca has had 10 clubs in 11 years and inherited a team that had won their 2 horse league virtually every year . ( Having said that my money is on him)
This next appointment is arguable the most important in Evertons history.....get it wrong and we are likely to be in middle table decline for many a year.
We need to be bold and diligent when making that decision.
Sometimes whoever it is, is just the right fit at the right time in the right circumstanes and often its not who he is but what he is.
But that manager needs to be hungry, persistent with a strong character to even start to get us out of this mess.

Koeman like Fonesca have only won bum leagues, Emery and Blanc are proven trophy winners in bigger leagues/European competitions. Its too easy saying "x manager will want CL football" there are limited jobs out there for the top clubs and when you have mutliple managers out there available (ancelotti, Conte, Wenger, Tuchel, Nagelsmann, Enrique) among those then who knows if either Emery or in particular Blanc would get a better offer than the 7th biggest club in England at present who pays the 10th best wages out there.

Agree with the strong character, I would be happy with Fonesca as he seems a good upcoming manager however he is still a risk compared to a more established manager who's won bigger trophies in more competitive leagues.

The manager is not my biggest concern.

My biggest worry is who is in to make the correct calls.

We’ve seen what happens when we are not successful and just ditch the manager.

I’d hope we add a forward thinker who will weigh up all the big points before concluding on the best available manager out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.