Hypothetical Manager Shortlist No.1

Next manager of our dearly beloved blueboys?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Emery all day.

Coached a club of similar stature to us in Spain and has proved he can work well with a DOF.

I'm a bit surprised with thesackrace.com odds

4/11 - Marco Silva
5/1 - Paulo Fonseca
8/1 - Louis Van Gaal

17/1 - Roberto Martinez
25/1 - Peter Stoger
25/1 - Arsene Wenger
25/1 - Phillipe Cocu
25/1 - Patrick Vieira
25/1 - Andre Villas Boas
25/1 - Claude Puel
25/1 - Sergio Conceicao

Why isn't Wenger seriously in the mix here? What do we want our next manager to do? Challenge the top 6 top 4 positions and win a cup or two, that's what Wenger has done every season he has been in the country. He will get us there and then when we need to review it it 3 or 4 years time we can do so. Silva condemns us to that 7th - 10th place finish season on season, Wenger has a standing in the game that no Everton manager will have had since Kendall. It's an absolute no brainer from what I can see
Wenger with Arteta as assistant primed to take over the reins after 1-2 seasons. And Usmanov's wallet. And Brands as DoF. And Dein as CEO. And Salma Hayek as Toffee Lady. Make it so Mosh.

I'd still go for Benitez tbh, imagine if he beat the RS with us and turned us into a Top 4 team (which he could).

[QUOTE="royvernon39, post: 6298327, member: 28138"]I can't remember Hull selling anyone decent during the season. They did not lash out on transfers, certainly, but that was wise.

No, Hull was relegated while Silva was in charge. Fat Sam has managed his way out of trickier corners and has done it over years.

I am not in the anyone- but- Sam corner but would like a proven operator with the ability to bring a smile to the fans faces. If we can't get
Howe or top proven foreigner like Emery then Sam would be far better than Viera, Silva, Fonseca or any of the nutty names that have been bandied about.

Look back at the squad numbers they had and who they sold then?

We're literally talking about Phelan having to bring players in just to fill a squad.[/QUOTE]

How about some facts? Steve Bruce brought in Abel Hernandez, Ben Arfa, Livermore, Gaston Ramirez, Maguire, Robertson in the pre-season. Then Hull flogged Livermore/Snodgrass - only those two- in January when Silva took over. Silva did better than Bruce in terms of points but still failed.

I'd still go for Benitez tbh, imagine if he beat the RS with us and turned us into a Top 4 team (which he could).

Nothing in his career suggests he could turn around a club and make them win trophies.

Hes certainly able to win trophies at clubs with trophy winning pedigree, but turning water into wine, ive seen nothing to suggest he could do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.