Hypothetical Manager Shortlist No.1

Next manager of our dearly beloved blueboys?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Allardyce has to stay for me. Given a mandate of keeping us up with the team in disarray, has taken us into the top ten when we were on a slide into the relegation zone. Has also looked canny bringing Tosun and Walcott into the fold becoming our best players overnight.
Give him the summer and build from there

Ummm. Interesting point of view. I totally agree he was given a mandate and has completed it with relative ease. But thats where our opinions split.

How many of those top managers want to work with a D of F? Isn't the D of F more important?
Well, for starters, the first and main one I mentioned works with a DOF now. A good DOF is great, but an average DOF and a great manager will turn out a good team when there is money backing it. A great DOF and an average manager will not in my opinion. I think a great DOF is more important when you are severely limited in funds, but it changes when any DOF can drop 30 million on a player.

How short your memory is. We were utterly dire, bereft of belief and looked dead set to get dragged into a relegation battle. We're now 9th and secure. You can talk about top 10 all you want, but it's not like he's been in charge the entire season?
He's come in and fulfilled his brief of safety. Could it have been better? Absolutely. But the job he has done has been solid.
Deserves another go and the chance to shape a team.
I would agree with you on one point here - we definitely weren't in a relegation battle at that point - BFS has moved us up the table a couple of places yes but lets be very clear ... BFS did not save us from relegation, we were saved by WBA, Stoke and Southampton.

looked for odds on this, only one i could find was Bet Victor with Fonseca at 1/1, thought with the growing unrest of Allardyce at Everton more book makers would be doing this. not that actually bet was just wondering

looked for odds on this, only one i could find was Bet Victor with Fonseca at 1/1, thought with the growing unrest of Allardyce at Everton more book makers would be doing this. not that actually bet was just wondering
He's not even our new manager on Wiki anymore!!
What a week.

cas.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.