Hypothetical Manager Shortlist No.1

Next manager of our dearly beloved blueboys?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
To me, Howe is just an English Martinez, and I lived through that hell already

Dyche has done well with comparatively meagre funds, so if he had a chance to work with a bigger budget I think his play style would change slightly as he'd have better tools to work with

I want defensive stability combined with a good work ethic and a desire to get forward
Same was said about Allardyce. Dyche is what he is, he’s just a younger Allardyce/Pulis and he’s having same results as them. Rigid, defensive British manager - no thanks.

Why would anyone want Silva, just look at the pole Allardyce has a nearly similar percentage as Silva...That says it all !!!
upload_2018-4-17_20-5-25.jpeg

First manager on the list has to be Emery. PSG have dominated the league, and while they had a lot of resources, hes shown he can use it very well, and he can succeed with less as well. We will gladly suffer getting tossed out of the Champions league early for a treble.

After that, as I imagine other teams will be looking his way, and depending on which of the big clubs fire managers, id look for the likes of Fonseca, Andre Villas-boas. Unless you are just convinced someone like Howe is going to be a star manager soon, we should not even bother with the likes of him, Silva, Dyche. The next manager is the most important piece of the future for the next 5-10 years. If we indeed have ambition to be regulars in Europe, it has to be a top manager. While we cant compete with the top 10 clubs in the world, we can compete with the top 20-25 in terms of money offered, potential offered, size of club. It needs to be one of the best 25 managers in the world. Anything less is saying the likes of Olympiacos and Fiorentina are bigger.

We need to get real and start admitting that we are now - after the Koeman and Allardyce tenures - damaged goods in the world of football. Just having the cash to pay a manager £8M to £10M wont be enough. Most managers capable of securing that type of wage will also want a team to take onto the next level immediately, they dont want a load of rubbish to get shut of like we have.

Silva will be fine for us. He'd get us playing and organised and back on the path to recovery - even if he cant do anything spectacular.

We need stabity and a way forward on that we agree, and your right we need to completely flush out the awful ageing squad and start again! We just see it being achieved in different ways! I think the more likely route for Everton to take will be the way you see it! Just hope that it's the right way cause I can't take much more of us being perpetually small time!

Unless I'm missing something Emery is miles ahead of what Fonseca/Silva have achieved (so far). I'm not down on either, they could be good manager's. But Sevilla won Europa League three times on bounce, playing attractive, expansive football. Valencia finished top 3 in Liga for three seasons, after taking over from another Koeman's catastrophe and losing David Villa/Silva.

I know winning league with PSG is expected but he's done that too.

Exactly the type of manager we need to bring a clear philosophy and identity to the club. I even think he can improve some the shameless cowards we've got playing for us.

We need to get real and start admitting that we are now - after the Koeman and Allardyce tenures - damaged goods in the world of football. Just having the cash to pay a manager £8M to £10M wont be enough. Most managers capable of securing that type of wage will also want a team to take onto the next level immediately, they dont want a load of rubbish to get shut of like we have.

Silva will be fine for us. He'd get us playing and organised and back on the path to recovery - even if he cant do anything spectacular.

The problem is its a vicious cycle - if we go with that mentality we'll never break the mold.

Liverpool did the same with Woy, Dogleash and Todgers and Spurs with Ramos, Redknapp and Villa Boas - both then got ambitious with Klopp and Poch who have taken them on another level.

If we are to follow suit we simply have to draw up a list including 3-4 very good credible managers and go down it and if we get rejected by all 4 by all means go with Silva - but for me we should be realistic but also ambitous:

1. Emery
2. Fonesca
3. Jardim
4. Mancini

Then if no luck go for Silva.

The problem is its a vicious cycle - if we go with that mentality we'll never break the mold.

Liverpool did the same with Woy, Dogleash and Todgers and Spurs with Ramos, Redknapp and Villa Boas - both then got ambitious with Klopp and Poch who have taken them on another level.

If we are to follow suit we simply have to draw up a list including 3-4 very good credible managers and go down it and if we get rejected by all 4 by all means go with Silva - but for me we should be realistic but also ambitous:

1. Emery
2. Fonesca
3. Jardim
4. Mancini

Then if no luck go for Silva.
Spurs and Liverpool had a lot more to offer good coaches than we do right now. Don't waste time trying to attract people who aren't where we are right now.

The reality of our situation is that we're in need of a decent manager who can help us put these last two traumatic seasons behind us. Its not the right time for a manager of real calibre. That opportunity went out the window when Koeman was hired. That would have been the time: good first team plus some youngsters with potential plus a lot of cash to spend from sales and increased TV revenue. Our ambitions in the managerial front now have to be more modest.

High pressing, intensity, passion, attacking intent developing young players and signing hungry players to compliment them. That's what I want the next manager to bring to the team.

Spurs and Liverpool had a lot more to offer good coaches than we do right now. Don't waste time trying to attract people who aren't where we are right now.

The reality of our situation is that we're in need of a decent manager who can help us put these last two traumatic seasons behind us. Its not the right time for a manager of real calibre. That opportunity went out the window when Koeman was hired. That would have been the time: good first team plus some youngsters with potential plus a lot of cash to spend from sales and increased TV revenue. Our ambitions in the managerial front now have to be more modest.
??? last season we finished 7th, miles ahead of 8th and won 8 home games in a row, hammering team including City 4-0, Hull 4-0, Bournmouth 6-3, this season has gone on for ever so it seem like we been terrible for 2 years but we haven't

If we are going to get someone like Brands, I'm kind of with Davek, but not for the same reasons. We don't need some high profile manager, we just need a very good coach. They aren't working the transfer market, they aren't responsible for scouting, they just need to be able to train and set up the team game by game. That's the right model, too. Put your money in the D of F, not the coach. If they are on the same page and players don't respect what we are trying to do, move them. Simple as that.

??? last season we finished 7th, miles ahead of 8th and won 8 home games in a row, hammering team including City 4-0, Hull 4-0, Bournmouth 6-3, this season has gone on for ever so it seem like we been terrible for 2 years but we haven't
I would suggest the two last Martinez seasons were much worse. 47 points back to back? Hopefully we'll never do that again. I mean, NEVER. One season of 47 points should result in immediate termination.

First manager on the list has to be Emery. PSG have dominated the league, and while they had a lot of resources, hes shown he can use it very well, and he can succeed with less as well. We will gladly suffer getting tossed out of the Champions league early for a treble.

After that, as I imagine other teams will be looking his way, and depending on which of the big clubs fire managers, id look for the likes of Fonseca, Andre Villas-boas. Unless you are just convinced someone like Howe is going to be a star manager soon, we should not even bother with the likes of him, Silva, Dyche. The next manager is the most important piece of the future for the next 5-10 years. If we indeed have ambition to be regulars in Europe, it has to be a top manager. While we cant compete with the top 10 clubs in the world, we can compete with the top 20-25 in terms of money offered, potential offered, size of club. It needs to be one of the best 25 managers in the world. Anything less is saying the likes of Olympiacos and Fiorentina are bigger.

How many of those top managers want to work with a D of F? Isn't the D of F more important?

That doesn't begin to address the trauma I refer to. It only partly relates to team performance and table standings. The last two years from the beginning to the end has been one of an attack on the ethos of the club - how we've operated in the transfer market, how the players have lost their respect for the club and management, the rupturing of the relationship between majority owner and manager, the absence of any obvious central control of the governance of the club.

Imagine a quality manager with plenty of options including European football looking favourably on a job offer from a club wrestling with those inner contradictions!!!!!!

No chance.

Reality bites: we better hope we can attract a manager of Silvas ability while we still can.

Status
Not open for further replies.