Hummel

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a pretty nice new kit from Hummel for Brondby. Same base template as the Coventry home but looks really good with the more subtle stripes

brndby-if-2020-never-alone-kit%2B%25282%2529.jpg
This one......

I would expect the more we grow and if we get Europe and things then the deal will go up. I like the idea that they will grow with us. I know people want a mega deal but we dont have a lot to offer at the moment except potential because of cash and a new stadium

Same mate just don’t think any of the big brands are gonna offer us anything, so try and grow with a brand and in 3 years time, especially with a new stadium and hopefully and more importantly with improvement on the pitch we’ll be a more exciting project for a bigger name brand to take on / force Hummel to up their deal.

Chance to break into the market then surely?

This is an interesting one, but do you see Hummel competing with anyone except Bjorn Borg online underpants? The market is saturated with trendy sports apparel and activewear. If Hummel are suddenly about to launch new international and revolutionary sports wear then I'm on board, but I guarantee this will be the worst selling shirt of all time. We'd even get more sales and exposure from getting Lorna Jane yoga pants to make our kits!

By the same logic there are far more Ford Fiestas on the road than there are Aston Martin - to the Fiesta is a better because everyone has one?

I know this comparison is ignoring price, but surely it's better to have something more unique than something common that everyone unimaginative pumps for.

How about this analogy. Say you walk into a British Car dealership and want to buy a Holden Commodore. You can't. You buy whats available. Where would you like to see Everton? Front and centre in the shop window or in the warehouse tucked away somewhere? Hummel is too niche. Too small for our supposed ambitions.

This is an interesting one, but do you see Hummel competing with anyone except Bjorn Borg online underpants? The market is saturated with trendy sports apparel and activewear. If Hummel are suddenly about to launch new international and revolutionary sports wear then I'm on board, but I guarantee this will be the worst selling shirt of all time. We'd even get more sales and exposure from getting Lorna Jane yoga pants to make our kits!

How about this analogy. Say you walk into a British Car dealership and want to buy a Holden Commodore. You can't. You buy whats available. Where would you like to see Everton? Front and centre in the shop window or in the warehouse tucked away somewhere? Hummel is too niche. Too small for our supposed ambitions.

We dont want sales or exposure.

Thats why they pay us and we dont pay them, DUH.

Think they wore it at the same time? 1988 was Southampton kit not 98. My life is about over
Basically yeah. Denmark got it in early 86 and Southampton seemingly from 87-89. I guess similar to now where the kit makers usually debut new shirt templates/styles just before international tournaments and then clubs team receive them the following season.

Big fan of the famous Spurs Hummel kit from the same sort of time. Doubt you'd be allowed a design like this anymore though due to kit regulations

85b11.jpg

You realise that its not Hummels job to sell our shirt, they have paid us XX amount of money to have their name on OUR shirt, its them that want the exposure.

Its not even our job to sell our shirts.

So selling shirts is not something we care about.

That article is ancient along with (our) mentality.

Yeah I remember the good times we had with Nike.

The biggest brand in sports - oh how awful. You want to be a big club you gotta get the big boys.

If we only care about a one-off payment rather than actual progress then Hummel is fantastic.

Haha - I hope they do make a cracking kit, it's widely available and it's the start of a great relationship. I just feel like its another in a long list of commercial fails.

A shirt isn't going to win us matches...if the deal helps us acquire better players in some way, shape or form (FFP restrictions, for example) then so be it. I get what you're saying but we need to do what's most beneficial for the immediate future. Short-sighted goals in the hopes of long term benefit is the tactic, I reckon.

A shirt isn't going to win us matches...if the deal helps us acquire better players in some way, shape or form (FFP restrictions, for example) then so be it. I get what you're saying but we need to do what's most beneficial for the immediate future. Short-sighted goals in the hopes of long term benefit is the tactic, I reckon.

To put it into perspective, this deal pays the wages of Walcott and Delph. Thats all it does.

Status
Not open for further replies.