Hummel

Status
Not open for further replies.
In theory at least, you would want us to be pulling well clear of West Ham in terms of commercial revenue. The London factor is a big plus for them as they have literally nothing else going for them.

The impact on Newcastle if their takeover goes through will be interesting, a lot of potential there, mitigated again perhaps by location.

We start from such a low base that even a 50% increase in shirt sponsorship for example, should be very achievable but quite miniscule in terms of effect.

I hope the shirt sponsorship is sorted and ready to go especially in this environment.

To me it would make sense if we can source that outside of the Usmanov axis, we need multiple revenue streams.

Usmanov is clever enough to find more creative ways to contribute but even if that continues, its likely to be on a modest scale. Although every penny is welcome.

My own personal opinion is that we should utilise Usmanovs revenue streams enough until we are good enough to be regular european competitors - once we are then we have the means and "pull" to get in genuine bigger deals from legit sources.

Until then without USM we are always going to be looking at mediocre deals not too better than the chasing pack below imo. It will take years to build a "brand" - Leicester won the PL yet their deals are less than ours.

My own personal opinion is that we should utilise Usmanovs revenue streams enough until we are good enough to be regular european competitors - once we are then we have the means and "pull" to get in genuine bigger deals from legit sources.

Until then without USM we are always going to be looking at mediocre deals not too better than the chasing pack below imo. It will take years to build a "brand" - Leicester won the PL yet their deals are less than ours.

Fair point. We should probably try to do both. If Usmanov wants to provide us with cash, he can and he will. We shouldn't close the door to other sources of income though, and shouldn't stop persuing them, even if they are not to the levels we would like. The stadium is the obvious area in which Usmanov can contribute, it just negates the whole commercial operation and makes it lazy and defunct if Usmanov is associated with everything.

I know this would have been posted before but it does show how far we have to go commercially.

View attachment 87777

I think this proves a point when people say why can't we get Nike or Adidas, we could, it's just they won't pay 10 mil a year, look at Watford, we've just gone with the highest bidder which is what you should expect, I'm sure in 3 years it'll be the highest bidder wins again and that all depends on what we can achieve between then and now

Fair point. We should probably try to do both. If Usmanov wants to provide us with cash, he can and he will. We shouldn't close the door to other sources of income though, and shouldn't stop persuing them, even if they are not to the levels we would like. The stadium is the obvious area in which Usmanov can contribute, it just negates the whole commercial operation and makes it lazy and defunct if Usmanov is associated with everything.

as long as it’s not angry birds on the sleeves or something equally as embarrassing (unless the cash difference is over 200% more than the next best option - then it’s a tough call) I’m all in for diverse revenue streams

I do wonder why anyone cares who makes the kit. Surely the only issue is how much we get for it, we all know if it was a bin bag with efc stamped on the front we'd pay stupid money, buy it and wear it.

Effectively we have been for years.

I do wonder why anyone cares who makes the kit. Surely the only issue is how much we get for it, we all know if it was a bin bag with efc stamped on the front we'd pay stupid money, buy it and wear it.

Effectively we have been for years.

Agree to an extent. Would be nice if the bin bag was a quality one and not lidl value.

or Umbro.

Same a proper nod to history. Maybe in our last season at Goodison.

Surely not for the home kit as it's got nothing to do with Goodison. I'd hate to do an Arsenal and not wear royal blue in the last season even though I believe it was a lighter blue for the first few years there.

Surely not for the home kit as it's got nothing to do with Goodison. I'd hate to do an Arsenal and not wear royal blue in the last season even though I believe it was a lighter blue for the first few years there.

No as an away shirt.

Status
Not open for further replies.