Howard

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont think he could have stopped the header at all for their first goal but I do believe he could have come and punched/caught the first cross of that phase of play which came in from the left hand side, he stood rooted on his line... had he got a punch on it the ball would hhave been cleared and the second cross which Lampard scored from would never have happened.

How in the name of everything holy could he have saved a free header from 8 yards out that went into the side netting?

His weight, understandably, was on his right foot as well.

Nah, he can't be blamed today. Nobody can really, I think we were just a bit unlucky.

Played very well yesterday has to be said, noticed they didnt pressure him as much in the box.

Still not a fan though.

he was ok. nothing more nothing less.

i think the fact that he has been crap has makes us think that if he doesnt make any mistakes he played great when infact he was just ok.

Howard played well yesterday. He has been too mistake prone the whole season though.

Anyone saying he should save either needs to check their bias at the door. The second goal was deflected off of Distin as well. Was not happy it went straight out, but after looking at the behind the goal replay can't fault him.

He actually came out and collected a couple crosses which was good to see. Still below average this season on a whole.

Howard played well yesterday. He has been too mistake prone the whole season though.

Anyone saying he should save either needs to check their bias at the door. The second goal was deflected off of Distin as well. Was not happy it went straight out, but after looking at the behind the goal replay can't fault him.

He actually came out and collected a couple crosses which was good to see. Still below average this season on a whole.

This.

Thanks to those of you who posted recognizing the good yesterday. He made some quality saves (yes, quality, not just "doing his job").

I hope it's an upward trend. He's now had three solid games strung together - a positive sign. Yay!

Still below average for the season - agree with Wratho. So he has a lot to make up.

Sadly I still want a new keeper.

Tim has been a bit better last few games but I've lost all trust. I didnt have much in the first place and this season has seen it dwindle.

I've gone from just wanting another keeper to compete with him to wanting a decent New one altogether.

I'm not having a pop at him but his handling has been awful..... If he got bummed tonight by Rock Hudson, Freddie mercury and Tom hanks character from Philadelphia I bet he still wouldn't catch the aids.

I'm not having a pop at him but his handling has been awful..... If he got bummed tonight by Rock Hudson, Freddie mercury and Tom hanks character from Philadelphia I bet he still wouldn't catch the aids.

I'd count aids jokes as having a pop at him mate.

*boos

Status
Not open for further replies.