Howard

Status
Not open for further replies.
4 or 5 -1 Chelsea without the saves today. Distin was at his best also. Credit were credit is due. Hard loss but hit the post three times the Luck of the Irish wasn't shinning on us today.

Made some good saves today and actually caught the ball twice that I remember. Noticed that after one of the crosses he caught he was feeling his back. Not sure if there's an underlying problem there and that's why he doesn't catch and fall much.

Hopefully he'll take some confidence away from his performance today.

If a top keeper was wearing the number 1 Jersey we would be at least 10 goals better off SO FAR this season.

Yip.

I thought hs should have stopped Lampard's header and for their second goal, a top class keeper would be kocking the first shot wide of the goal instead of palming it straight to an attacker's feet (a thing he does with alarming regularity).

If a top keeper was wearing the number 1 Jersey we would be at least 10 goals better off SO FAR this season.

mucha8_d.jpg

He was "let down" by himself.

Or should I dsay, he shoulf have "got down" and done sommat about Lampard's header.

The man has become a liability and it is no wonder clean sheets are a thing on the past.

I didn't see him fault at their goals. Bad defending, really, but can't complain with our makeshift defence. Would've liked Duffers instead of Heitinga.

He was "let down" by himself.

Or should I dsay, he shoulf have "got down" and done sommat about Lampard's header.

The man has become a liability and it is no wonder clean sheets are a thing on the past.

no no. i've criticised him virtually every game this season but he was faultless today. came and collected the ball well from crosses as well which was pleasing. The marking for lampard's 1st was so so dire. howard could do nothing about it. not even stretch armstrong would have reached that. it was a header form 5 yards planted into teh corner

Fed up of Howard making mistakes, I know I'm being picky but you don't parry a shot out into the middle of the goal. Suicide goalkeeping

no no. i've criticised him virtually every game this season but he was faultless today. came and collected the ball well from crosses as well which was pleasing. The marking for lampard's 1st was so so dire. howard could do nothing about it. not even stretch armstrong would have reached that. it was a header form 5 yards planted into teh corner

Agreed mate

How in the name of everything holy could he have saved a free header from 8 yards out that went into the side netting?

Status
Not open for further replies.