Howard

Status
Not open for further replies.
...and now would be a good time to bump this post.

Well, let's be honest here, it wasn't just one mistake. It was a series of mistakes, which lead to goals. This is on top of an opinion people will have formed on him throughout his stay in English football. When his main attribute (his shot stopping) is seemingly on the decline, I believe people have a right to question his ability and further longevity as Everton keeper, since it is a reasonably important position...

And let's not big up his performance too much. He made a couple of good 1v1 saves at crucial intervals. This on top of a good save (one which I would expect all Premier League keepers to make) from a shot outside the area (I know!!!) made it a solid days work. I still dislike his control of his area and lack of ability when coming to collect the ball but as long as he isn't making the howlers that he was, I'm content.

Its not as simple as that though.

On Monday he simpy done the basics wrong on both goals, especially the second.

Yesterday he got the basics right and reaped the benefit of it by getting some luck to help keep the ball out.

It wasn't an outstanding display yesterday but it wasn't bad, it was simply the basics that you'd expect from a Prem goalkeeper.

tumblr_m89fadAtD71qfrc3no1_1280.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.