Howard

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never been confident with his capability from crossing positions, can't remember many times he's jumped above a striker to claim the ball or that. He's a good keeper though, he just needs more pressure put on him. Same thing is happening to Reina.

Please sign any negative reputation so we can discuss it, haha.

Anyway - Howard has been poor, and there is a certain favoritism on the forum coming from the Yankee fans.

We need to either drop him for a few games or replace him completely if he carries on making mistakes.

I couldn't care any less what he does for America, he could score an amazing goal leading from a 90 yard run for USA and then save 15 penalties.

It's Everton I care about, and for us he's been appalling.

I just don't get it. Mistakes made, yes. But appalling? Seriously? If he was appalling he would be written about in a lot more places instead of the common press opinion being that he's a decent keeper.

Oh, and favoritism my ass. But I've already had my say there.

The one titled "The Incredible Tim Howard"? That one? ;)

The author is an Evertonian.

He had a poor game on Monday. You'd expect him to do better for both of their goals, but it's a bit soon to right him off imo, everybody has their off days and he's easily our best keeper.

Unless he starts throwing the ball in the net , He will be our goalie for the next few years wether anyone likes it or not ink is still wet on a 4 year deal

Defending those three from what?

Some idiot in their basement taking shots at these players on the internet because they had a poor match.

Nah, don't think I need to defend them. Their body of work speaks for themselves.

But I'll say this. I've been on here long enough and most have been on here long enough to know that when Howard has a poor match, "the Americans" on here say so.

Somehow this isn't good enough. Now we're required to say that he just isn't good enough for Everton? Well why would we toe that line when most of "the Americans" don't agree with that.

But you and the rest feel free to moan about it until the cows come home while I go to bed at night knowing that Tim Howard will in all probability be our number one between the sticks for years to come.

Way to go Bill....... somebody does not have the same opinion as you so they deserve to be called an idiot..........i'm sure we've been here before.

I think he is under the microscope now, with more quality in the side he has to perform consistently to a standard, hopefully he can step up - i dont think so - but i cant do another Monday if im honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.