How will we finish top 6 as it stands?.

Status
Not open for further replies.
With deadline day edging closer and closer most will agree that we may have messed up this window. We have spent £150m with key areas not getting addressed (so far). But my question is are we any closer to the top 6. Obviously Keane and Pickford improve us, but do any of the other signings?. Is Sig better than Barkley, and are Rooney and Sandro going to get more goals than are 20+ a season goal machine Lukaku?. Is Klassen better than what we already have in Davies?. Come tomorrow if we don't get a good striker things may look like things really haven't improved much.
top 10 at best, booted out of all 3 cups when any half decent team shows any intent to win against us

Mahrez and Danny D look like their off but even if they stayed still think 9th 10th 11th will be leicesters position. Stoke although tough to beat because their a gang of dogs with a dog of a manager don't win many games..
Leicester are a much more dynamic side than ours, capable of scoring a fair few, will depend on if they can tighten their defence back up.

It's not so much can others catch us but can we slip down. As it stands we're a Keane injury away from a defence partnership of Williams and jagielka. We saw how much we miss and rely on schneiderlin at the weekend. Poor wing options and no one up top hat can slot regularly

Hope Arsenal implode and we grind our way there based on our home form. I don't see this team currently having the attacking thrust to win away regularly enough or beat the top 6.

That's the spirit mate.
you know its true, Moshiri treating us like an old car that he is going to tart up, put it in a new pre fab garage and flog us to the highest bidder, we are no further forward on the pitch than when he arrived, that was very evident at stamford bridge last Sunday,next two games Spurs home Man u away, we might get a point against Spurs, imagine a player turning down Chelsea because he wants to come here, never going to happen

you know its true, Moshiri treating us like an old car that he is going to tart up, put it in a new pre fab garage and flog us to the highest bidder, we are no further forward on the pitch than when he arrived, that was very evident at stamford bridge last Sunday,next two games Spurs home Man u away, we might get a point against Spurs, imagine a player turning down Chelsea because he wants to come here, never going to happen
Dear me mate loosen up, no don't, you ain't going to change, I will leave it be, cheers.

I personally don't think we're any closer to the top 6. Maybe an Arsenal implosion might happen but as it stands I'd still comfortably take their squad over ours.

Lukaku will be a huge loss throughout the season and as many have pointed out so far it's going to take a while for all these new players to fall into some sort of system. How we are we getting Klassen, Rooney and Sigurdsson in the same team isn't immediately obvious to me and you'd imagine all 3 are likely starters.

Big question marks for me around the defence still with Williams and Jagielka looking like they have a costly mistake in them. Baines isn't getting any younger and I also think he'll struggle at times this year if he's being asked to play three games a week.

Anyway, we should get 7th place again with ease and give it a real go in the cups. Would be nice to see us reach the quarter finals of the Europa League, that'd create amazing buzz around the club. Difficult group stage to negotiate first but we should have enough to see us through.

Hope Arsenal implode and we grind our way there based on our home form. I don't see this team currently having the attacking thrust to win away regularly enough or beat the top 6.

As I mentioned in my post, there's still likely to be mistakes in this defence and when you're not firing on all cylinders in attack the last thing you need is to be 1-0 down away from home against anyone in the league.

Right now, I couldn't see this team winning a high scoring game. Tbh, I couldn't see us being involved in one. We've gone full circle since Martinez.

Status
Not open for further replies.