• £15-20m

Votes: 39 24.7%
  • £20-25m

Votes: 18 11.4%
  • £25-30m

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • +£30m

Votes: 5 3.2%
  • not even arsed weer gonna win the leeg anyways.

Votes: 6 3.8%
  • £4.2-10m

Votes: 54 34.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Worrying thing for me is that we sold Anichebe, Jelavic and fellaini, spent the money on Lukaku and mccarthy whilst the TV money was never touched. This yeah i can see stones going for £35 and us spending that £35 whilst the next TV payment also vanishes.

In short my answer is between £4-£10m otherwise £25-£35m is stones goes.

It's more a question of how wisely he spends. For example, if we get Dragovic or Van Djik for 8 mil, then a playmaker for let's say 13-15 mil; I'd prefer that over 12 mil for a backup CB and 18 mil for a playmaker. Spending close to 20mil is better than 30 mil for the two. Or if he spent all the money (20 mil) on a world class playmaker and got a couple of loans.

If we don't sell anyone, we don't buy anyone.
Isn't it more a case of how much money he will be given to spend? The wallet stays firmly in BK's arse pocket is my view - any money received for Stones et al will more than likely be used to 'service the debts' or disappear into the black hole from whenst it will never again see the light of day. Cynic, moi !?

If Martinez isn't given serious money to spend ( apart from what he's spent) it's a disgrace. And the longer we keep this current board the nearer to being a sheff wed we will be become.

It's more a question of how wisely he spends. For example, if we get Dragovic or Van Djik for 8 mil, then a playmaker for let's say 13-15 mil; I'd prefer that over 12 mil for a backup CB and 18 mil for a playmaker. Spending close to 20mil is better than 30 mil for the two. Or if he spent all the money (20 mil) on a world class playmaker and got a couple of loans.
First sensible reply in the thread!!

Simply don't understand why people are getting worked up about the figure being spent: SURELY the quality of the players being brought in matters more? Or do people REALLY want the likes of Jonny Evans or Scott Dann in, just so they could then boast "We've spent over £12m on two players" (ie one of those two plus Deulofeu)?

Worrying about the sum spent over and above the quality of the player purchased with said money is, to my humble opinion, a bit strange. Personally I think Martinez should be looking more at the loan market - he was very successful doing so in his first season with us but seemed to neglect it almost completely in his second season. Whatever the reason, (and whilst that reason is worthy of discussion itself, I think that's a topic best covered in its own thread) we appear to be short of cash - or at least ACTING as if we are short of cash. Perhaps Martinez is waiting to make additions at reasonable prices, rather than splurging the cash and CREATING a scenario where we have to sell someone next year to balance the books?

I suppose a bit more transparency would be nice - for instance, maybe the board IS stockpiling cash to fund a new stadium - but the risk with further transparency is that it allows other clubs to exploit our financial situation, if it IS quite tight. Equally, if we are actually fairly flush (as in theory we should be) then what sense does it make to openly advertise that fact? City just paid £49m for Sterling and part of the reason his fee was so high was that the RS knew that City have squillions and squillions to spend.

Status
Not open for further replies.