• £15-20m

Votes: 39 24.7%
  • £20-25m

Votes: 18 11.4%
  • £25-30m

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • +£30m

Votes: 5 3.2%
  • not even arsed weer gonna win the leeg anyways.

Votes: 6 3.8%
  • £4.2-10m

Votes: 54 34.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just thinking of the amount of extra money that has poured in from the TV deals and how our wage/revenue ratio dropped significantly, we must have a fair bit of money to spend.

I think we'll spend £20m net, based on Stones not going.
I still contend that the 30mio we spent (accounting-wise) last summer window, effectively reduces this windows spend (ex sales) to 10mio. We have spent 4 and will buy a CB with the residual. But I do think we will utilise the loan market for that elusive 'number 10'.

Not sure that I would trust Martinez to spend my money wisely. His record thus far is not particularly good and, to be honest, if I was a Board member and was asked to put my brass on the table , I would be reluctant especially after last season's performances by this manager. That is not defending the Board by the way who I think are a total disgrace - every single one of them.

But if funds are available, perhaps they will wait until after Christmas to see how much improvement there has been in team performances and league position. If it follows last season, then hopefully they will bite the bullet, get rid and give funds to the incoming replacement.

I would really love to be proved wrong and Martinez repeats performances of his first season. He had plenty of opportunities last season to make changes in style, tactics etc, etc, but would not / could not deviate too far from Plan A. This is a make or break season for him hopefully - especially the first 4 months.

I don't want hm to go out and spend big because i don't think he will be around for another 12 months. If we get off to a real poor start he could be gone by Christmas and a new manager might need to identify some targets, or at least have the option of money to spend, something we might not have if Martinez has blown the budget.

I still contend that the 30mio we spent (accounting-wise) last summer window, effectively reduces this windows spend (ex sales) to 10mio. We have spent 4 and will buy a CB with the residual. But I do think we will utilise the loan market for that elusive 'number 10'.

Very close to my thinking although I believe the £10million is further reduced due to the reduction in PL monies by £6 million but also there will be an increase in the amount spent on wages by way of signing on fees for the likes of Cleverley and the wages paid to Eto meaning that there really isn't anything left or at most the sort of sums that a championship player would cost

We will know soon as the overdraft was up for review wef 31/7/2105 and bearing in mind we were told that player sales in the early part of the window would play a key part in the negotiations I think it's sell to buy.

I still can't believe we got Deulofeu for £4m. Brilliant piece of business.

The fee may have been that but I suspect that he would have cost far more than that when his signing on fee, his agents fee ,the relocation sum he would be paid and of course the loan fee for 2014/15 is factored in

The fee may have been that but I suspect that he would have cost far more than that when his signing on fee, his agents fee ,the relocation sum he would be paid and of course the loan fee for 2014/15 is factored in

aren't signing on fees for bosman deals only? Also, what 14/15 loan fee are you referring to? If you mean the 13/14 season Deulofeu loan, I believe Barca waved any loan fee altogether if Deulofeu appeared in a certain percentage of the games that he was fit for. And even if that caveat was not met, I cannot see the loan fee being all that much. We got a deal on this kid anyway you look at it.

aren't signing on fees for bosman deals only? Also, what 14/15 loan fee are you referring to? If you mean the 13/14 season Deulofeu loan, I believe Barca waved any loan fee altogether if Deulofeu appeared in a certain percentage of the games that he was fit for. And even if that caveat was not met, I cannot see the loan fee being all that much. We got a deal on this kid anyway you look at it.

Players have been paid signing on fees from day one. what Bosman did was enable players out of contract to in effect agree to a larger signing on fee either paid as a one off or for the like of say Sol Campbell agree to the signing on fee spread over the term of the contract

In respect of a player on loan then there are all sorts of aspects to a loan part wages, part fee, part agreed transfer. My point was more about the fee paid would only be part of the cost

Not sure that I would trust Martinez to spend my money wisely. His record thus far is not particularly good and, to be honest, if I was a Board member and was asked to put my brass on the table , I would be reluctant especially after last season's performances by this manager. That is not defending the Board by the way who I think are a total disgrace - every single one of them.

But if funds are available, perhaps they will wait until after Christmas to see how much improvement there has been in team performances and league position. If it follows last season, then hopefully they will bite the bullet, get rid and give funds to the incoming replacement.

I would really love to be proved wrong and Martinez repeats performances of his first season. He had plenty of opportunities last season to make changes in style, tactics etc, etc, but would not / could not deviate too far from Plan A. This is a make or break season for him hopefully - especially the first 4 months.
In all seriousness I can't see this board getting rid of him unless we're looking likely to be in danger of being relegated which could happen if we get off to an awful start which is likely and don't turn it around before Christmas which is less likely. It's more likely that he will turn it around after our nightmare start and we'll be in mid-table around Christmas after going on a good run.

However I do think the board may be looking ahead if they think there's a possibility they will want to get rid next summer. If that's the case they could be keeping some money back to give the new manager then.

It all depends however since I really don't think the board will want to spend the money it will need to sack him.

Very close to my thinking although I believe the £10million is further reduced due to the reduction in PL monies by £6 million but also there will be an increase in the amount spent on wages by way of signing on fees for the likes of Cleverley and the wages paid to Eto meaning that there really isn't anything left or at most the sort of sums that a championship player would cost
I estimate Europa receipts (gate and prize money) to more or less bridge that deficit.

Cheer up grumpy, it is still a great piece of business

Status
Not open for further replies.