How much more time should Silva be given?

How long should he be given?

• Press conference today at 2pm

Votes: 96 49.2%
  • Monday 9am

Votes: 110 56.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I;m assuming this is written in jest. After an evening of fuming on Friday, Saturday brought some clarity, Yes Silva picked DCL and Schneiderfraud (poor from him) but the chances missed by DCL (very poor), Walcott (poor) and Iwobi (unlucky) plus how disappointing Sigurdson was again, shows that our team is far from the finished article. Once Kean, Iwobi Delph and Gbamin are back we will see a team that will be as good as Liverpool and Man City; this is all just my opinion though...
I mean mine was written in jest, but yours is funnier and I don't even think you meant it to be

Come to the conclusion a lot of our fans like us to fail, live to constantly moan and seem to take great enjoyment getting on the players backs, we must be the only team who can take 3000 fans to every away and give the team no support

Just a stiker to put the ball away. 3 games 1 goal against pub teams. Pathetic. We've had a host of good chances to score yet nothing, bar 1. On the bright side, we're above chelsea. I would settle for that at the mo. We'll get there I'm sure just going to take more time.

I really think Silva will be gone by Christmas.

We gave him the benefit when we had that truly appalling run last season.

I don’t think the natives will be as forgiving this time around.

Next manager in... someone who is a proven winner at the highest level, that can motivate and get the best out of players. Someone who commands immediate respect!

When we appointed Martinez it was in full knowledge of his pedigree of flirting with relegation/losing more premiership matches than he won. Then we appointed Silva with a pedigree of flirting with...………………………………..

It's just a matter of time. The sooner the better!

Just a stiker to put the ball away. 3 games 1 goal against pub teams. Pathetic. We've had a host of good chances to score yet nothing, bar 1. On the bright side, we're above chelsea. I would settle for that at the mo. We'll get there I'm sure just going to take more time.
Pub teams? all the teams in the premier are decent, yeah some not as good as others but everybody is capable of beating everybody. Friday night was blip

I really think Silva will be gone by Christmas.

We gave him the benefit when we had that truly appalling run last season.

^ This.

We can't forget that once again we only started playing well last season when the season was dead. If we play badly again when the season is 'alive' and it's dead by November/December then that's it for me.

He's extremely fortunate to be still Everton manager now. He was one or two games away from his position being untenable just earlier this year. I don't think enough people have short enough memories to allow him off the hook if we're bottom half after an incredibly easy run of early games this season.

People need to relax. It's August. We won't be sacking anyone, least I hope not. But if we don't do well enough this year then he will be sacked, so there's no point screaming after 3 games.

Why do we always go wide on every single attack and have no real interchange in the forward line , or players running beyond each other - sliding balls through , even having a shot ?

Status
Not open for further replies.