How much more time should Silva be given?

How long should he be given?

• Press conference today at 2pm

Votes: 96 49.2%
  • Monday 9am

Votes: 110 56.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Knives..jpg

If we lose to the the mighty Lincoln City next week.

3 poor displays. That last night was as bad as anything at the depths of the Koeman era. Didn’t look like the players knew what they were supposed to be doing. I fully expect that villa team to be relegated bottom. They were like a pub team.
Silva stood there clueless. He should have changed things before half time, let alone at half time.
When the changes came, he took off our biggest threat.

The man is clearly out of his depth.
We were generally poor last night, but I thought Villa also played very well. I'm disappointed we haven't started in better form, but 3 games in is far too soon to write off the manager. Go and entertain yourself with some ladies and enjoy life.

We were generally poor last night, but I thought Villa also played very well. I'm disappointed we haven't started in better form, but 3 games in is far too soon to write off the manager. Go and entertain yourself with some ladies and enjoy life.

That Watford game had all the hallmarks of Stoke at home a few seasons back under keoman.

Got to say I'm traditionally a bit of a knee jerker myself but this thread is mental. Not sure he can be held accountable for Richarlison and sigurddson not showing up yet this season or for Gomes horror show yesterday. Some of the players need to take responsibility for their standard of performance and I suppose it's his job to drop them in the next game for others who look more up for it.

They were at 100% we were at 60 and we still the chances to win,this lot would get rid of gladiola for a 2 all draw with Tottenham, it will take till October till we hit the ground running and silly season ends results wise.

Bit knee jerk all this. Gomes had a poor game (possibly carrying a knock from the palace game), gylfi was having one of his less influential showings, Richarlison looks properly out of sorts, and none of his new signings are quite ready to start or injured. I didn't think Schneider-hatefigure had a bad match. The subs made a difference. Another night we'd win that match. Two shocking misses and a hit post.

Frequently saw equally poor displays (or worse) under Moyes.
Yes we did and under his many successors - and I didn't like it then and I don't like it now.
Silva hasn't quite mentioned 'philosophy' yet but hes getting there...and when he does (or something similar) THEN is the time to pull the plug.

Let’s face it the pre season performances and the 3 games we’ve witnessed have been poor. However we’ve barely started a game with any of our new signings. If we are still turning in dire performances then, questions need to be asked.

Is it Silvas fault that we keep missing chances, I know some may say what the hell is he picking DCL and Walcott, if the board had signed a striker and Zaha like he wanted then they would not have played.

Kean needs to get fit and up to speed with the prem, same with Iwobi (fit)

He is down to the bones in midfield.

Although what I will blame him for is if he keeps picking players like Sniderlan Gylfi DCL and Walcott, when all the squad are fully fit, we should try to offload these while there is still little value as there are better out there.

Time to bring back bfs to save our season.
I;m assuming this is written in jest. After an evening of fuming on Friday, Saturday brought some clarity, Yes Silva picked DCL and Schneiderfraud (poor from him) but the chances missed by DCL (very poor), Walcott (poor) and Iwobi (unlucky) plus how disappointing Sigurdson was again, shows that our team is far from the finished article. Once Kean, Iwobi Delph and Gbamin are back we will see a team that will be as good as Liverpool and Man City; this is all just my opinion though...

Status
Not open for further replies.