HOT TRANSFER NEWS

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 26th African Cup of Nations 2008 - Finals, Ghana

January 20- February 10

At least according to their tournament site.. seems a little too narrow, but it's the dates they've set aside. We will loose our players for about a week earlier though and a few days afterwards they will be tired if they reach the final. So if Nigeria drops out before the final Yobo and Anichebe should be back for our potential UEFA-cup match the 13/14 of February.

According to the dialy mail Yak hs asked to leave tonight. The link is on news now. It also points out that he is second only to Henry in the last 4 years in the prem scoring charts!!! I would be happy with just him if he could bring the goals and allow more space for AJ.

yak up front = less room for cahill.

im not sure cahill has 'it' in a four man midfield. its the reason why man ure spunked 18 mill on hargreaves.

With Yakubu demanding a transfer... it's all down to how Boro will tackle it. Will they let him leave or will they block it and risk having a player who doesn't like it and might ruin the teamspirit at the club?

Me, personally.. hope they sell him.. But you might say that I'm partial in this case and not totally objective.;)

suits blue is spot on about cahill. he doesnt fit in 442. i would prefer to play with 2 pacey strikers that keep the defenders occupied with their runs. 451 is so boring to watch although it might be better now we hae better full backs.

suits blue is spot on about cahill. he doesnt fit in 442. i would prefer to play with 2 pacey strikers that keep the defenders occupied with their runs. 451 is so boring to watch although it might be better now we hae better full backs.

Could also go with a diamond in the middle where Cahill playes as the frontman in that formation.

Don't ya just love it that we're now trying to work out how a player will fit in, and not if only we can had a player that will fit in!! Let the good times roll!

COYB

First leg February 13/14

Second leg 2 weeks later.

Bollocks - is that not St Valentine's Day? I couldn't possibly go to the game on the most romantic night of the year, especially as it also doubles as wifey's birthday.

(At least that's what I'll be telling her, and she'll be so taken aback by my noble sacrifice that she'll insist I go ;) ).

As to the thread ... I think - with or without Yakubu - we'll see the formation change for different games, but Cahill is so good that he should be in whatever the system.

I thought Middlesbrough wasn't going to move Yakuba....

Is it for sure that he wants out?

Nothing is for sure when it comes to transfer speculation, Maverick; he/his agent could be after a move, or he/his agent could be after a pay rise. Then there's the ever-present possiblity than a journalist has made [Poor language removed] up just to get paid for the column inches.

Here's the report this is based on:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/li...tml?in_article_id=474140&in_page_id=1779&ct=5

Its busier in here than a jar full of mozzies.

All of you just relax and take some chill pills.

Its just a knee jerk offer and theres no way if I was Southgate Id budge.

Like Christmas morning the day Santa got lost. The silence is deafening. Wasn't Manny supposed to be confirmed by now or are they waiting to confirm them both together or something?

Like Christmas morning the day Santa got lost. The silence is deafening. Wasn't Manny supposed to be confirmed by now or are they waiting to confirm them both together or something?

You're quite right, I do however believe that the bids/inquiries have been made for Manny and Yakubu. IMO at least one of them will be shown around Goodison before the Wigan game.

Status
Not open for further replies.