Hopes this season

Status
Not open for further replies.
8 games: 4 wins 3 draws 1 loss.

Some tough games we've had against top PL teams and tricky away cup ties against decent opposition.

I think we have to say job done so far.

Not really a poor performance from the lot bar a labored performance at WHL 48 hours removed from a 120 minute cup tie away from home. That's been the most encouraging aspect for me, that the team is playing well consistently. We don't seem to take games off anymore, which would suggest an increased level of maturation in the side compared to years past.

Not really a poor performance from the lot bar a labored performance at WHL 48 hours removed from a 120 minute cup tie away from home. That's been the most encouraging aspect for me, that the team is playing well consistently. We don't seem to take games off anymore, which would suggest an increased level of maturation in the side compared to years past.
It's very encouraging. We haven't hit top gear apart from Southampton and Chelsea in patches either.

If we solve or limit the injury worries well do very well this season. No question.

8 games: 4 wins 3 draws 1 loss.

Some tough games we've had against top PL teams and tricky away cup ties against decent opposition.

I think we have to say job done so far.
And that's with our 28m striker not being arsed the past 2 games.

We could be deadly when everyone is on top form. Like top 4 material.

Martinez in his 3rd season now and i like to think he has a 5 year plan.

I think this team (left untouched by the vultures) can grow organically into something special.

We need to ensure these players get game time this season together:

Galloway / Mori /Stones
Besic /Barkley /Deulofeu

Then we can start seeing them grow as a team and improve.

I think a fair aim this season is top 6 with a new keeper and a playmaker added in the summer.

The most exciting non-playing element will be in jan or the end of the season seeing the back of:

Howard
Hibbert
Oviedo
Osman
Kone
Mcgeady

Hopefully...

Martinez in his 3rd season now and i like to think he has a 5 year plan.

I think this team (left untouched by the vultures) can grow organically into something special.

We need to ensure these players get game time this season together:

Galloway / Mori /Stones
Besic /Barkley /Deulofeu

Then we can start seeing them grow as a team and improve.

I think a fair aim this season is top 6 with a new keeper and a playmaker added in the summer.

The most exciting non-playing element will be in jan or the end of the season seeing the back of:

Howard
Hibbert
Oviedo
Osman
Kone
Mcgeady

Hopefully...
Spot on that. Roberto's building new foundations and on younger more talented shoulders.

I two seasons time this will be a Rolls Royce of a team.

If we can get 35 pts by end of the calendar year we are on target for top 6 pushing too 4.
Signing yarmolenko in January (still hoping )
As long as we can stay injury free I think we can have a really good year maybe a cup win and top 6

I certainly cannot complain with the performances so far, and finishing 6th or 7th will not be a disaster at all. I do predict that there will be some people that will laud a 6th placed finish as if it represents significant progress though, when really its just keeping us at the same level Moyes had us playing at for years.

Yes we will have a great side in 2 seasons as long as we can keep our top young players together and give them game time as a unit.

The three clear priorities now are Keeper, Playmaker and a forward. We will need to spend at least £15+mil on the the attacking players so perhaps one next summer and another the following season.

The concern is that without Lukaku we have no forwards...we also have poor keepers and no playmaker.

Once the deadwood is cleaned out (hopefully by the summer) we look to be very talented in each position other than the 3 mentioned, even with strong backup.

Spot on that. Roberto's building new foundations and on younger more talented shoulders.

Reaching 6th with half a team of kids is pretty good going...especially with such a number of players half way out the door and others who couldnt hit a barn door.

I certainly cannot complain with the performances so far, and finishing 6th or 7th will not be a disaster at all. I do predict that there will be some people that will laud a 6th placed finish as if it represents significant progress though, when really its just keeping us at the same level Moyes had us playing at for years.

For myself mate, January is the key to if anything has changed, we have been in the situation countless times where we needed to address an issue then and sat on our hands and did nothing and let good chances to push on drift away, if we are sat in the fight for CL etc then we really need to try bring in that player Martinez banged on about all summer long, can already foresee some bollocks about "Barkley/Deulofeu/Cleverley has developed into that player so it is no longer a priority" being trotted out though sadly.

Love to be proved wrong like and come January we sign a top wide playmaker and a striker but not going to hold my breath for it

Yes we will have a great side in 2 seasons as long as we can keep our top young players together and give them game time as a unit.

The three clear priorities now are Keeper, Playmaker and a forward. We will need to spend at least £15+mil on the the attacking players so perhaps one next summer and another the following season.

The concern is that without Lukaku we have no forwards...we also have poor keepers and no playmaker.

Once the deadwood is cleaned out (hopefully by the summer) we look to be very talented in each position other than the 3 mentioned, even with strong backup.
Howard will surely be MLS bound next summer (I'd go for Pantilimon or Butland)
Playmaker I'm hoping is sorted out in January.
Striker I reckon there'll be no move on until we see what Rodriguez can do.

For myself mate, January is the key to if anything has changed, we have been in the situation countless times where we needed to address an issue then and sat on our hands and did nothing and let good chances to push on drift away, if we are sat in the fight for CL etc then we really need to try bring in that player Martinez banged on about all summer long, can already foresee some bollocks about "Barkley/Deulofeu/Cleverley has developed into that player so it is no longer a priority" being trotted out though sadly.

Love to be proved wrong like and come January we sign a top wide playmaker and a striker but not going to hold my breath for it

Same here: hopeful but not expectant. Martinez in the summer was talking about the summer signings as adding to the squad that you go with for the next 10 months. I cant see him moving significantly unless there's a massive shift on a quality player like Yarmolenko. He's not going to tinker with bringing in players to strengthen areas we already have players for, that's for sure.

Same here: hopeful but not expectant. Martinez in the summer was talking about the summer signings as adding to the squad that you go with for the next 10 months. I cant see him moving significantly unless there's a massive shift on a quality player like Yarmolenko. He's not going to tinker with bringing in players to strengthen areas we already have players for, that's for sure.

Aye pretty much agree, other thing that could shift his thinking is someone being sold (stupid high bid for Mirallas or Naimsith etc) Or a long term injury

One thing i do like about Martinez is he is bloody a stubborn soab though, when he sets his mind on a target he goes until he either gets them or it becomes totally impossible, for that reason alone i see us trying for Yarmster in Jan

Status
Not open for further replies.