Hopes this season

Status
Not open for further replies.

micknick

Player Valuation: £70m
For me the biggest plus if the transfer window was keeping our best young players together.

This squad is young with a sprinkling of experience. Martinez has a plan, to keep the squad together and add one or two players that can make a difference every window.

We can't buy trophies as we don't have the wealth but a settled squad with a couple of additions with young talent that grow together is a way that we could potentially self make ourselves into top 4 challengers and the riches that come with the champions league.

It takes time and being absolutely resolute in not selling our talent but could be this be the plan that takes us to the next level?!

This season I think it's time we won a cup- I'm not worried whether league cup or FA but it's time.

A top 5+ finish would also show progress and that the system is potentially working.

What say you?

For me the biggest plus if the transfer window was keeping our best young players together.

This squad is young with a sprinkling of experience. Martinez has a plan, to keep the squad together and add one or two players that can make a difference every window.

We can't buy trophies as we don't have the wealth but a settled squad with a couple of additions with young talent that grow together is a way that we could potentially self make ourselves into top 4 challengers and the riches that come with the champions league.

It takes time and being absolutely resolute in not selling our talent but could be this be the plan that takes us to the next level?!

This season I think it's time we won a cup- I'm not worried whether league cup or FA but it's time.

A top 5+ finish would also show progress and that the system is potentially working.

What say you?

I want a lot mate, not to sell any player who adds something to the squad in January, to offload players who add nothing in January and streamline the squad, to avoid any serious season ending injury to a first teamer for once, to reach the semi's of both cups and to win the FA cup, to beat the rs home and away and to absolutely batter them in one of those wins, and to finish 4th if no cup win or 5th with one.

And last but not least, if we are in a great position in the league come January and challenging for top 4 and the cups still, then go and sign the player we traditionally fail to do in the January window that could make a difference and give the squad a massive morale boost - Yarmolenko please ;)

Hopes this season are boosted by yesterday. One swallow and all that.
If the form continues and results continue over the next months I have no doubt the expectation will rise to top 4 and win the dang League Cup!

we can aim for top 4 at the moment. united's team, whilst being organized and grinding results is going to go on a bad run at some point, you can just sense it. Spurs may be up there, but they're hardly started like a house on fire and kane obviously won't score like he did last season. RS are pretty average, but then i remembered about sturridge. him and benteke could be a great partnership, so who knows.

top 3 are sorted i believe. but we in no way have a squad worst than the other 3, we just need to stop getting two injuries a game.

We're coping very well with injuries at the back, still think we need another forward, bit of confidence and momentum I think a tilt at Champions League places is on. City will run away with it, but after them there is not much to fear.

All about belief...our squad is every bit as good as the rest other than City and Chelsea(snigger)...if we lose this 'small time' attitude and believe we can win something or finish top 4 - we will

QUOTE="bluestevon, post: 3857777, member: 15811"]I want a lot mate, not to sell any player who adds something to the squad in January, to offload players who add nothing in January and streamline the squad, to avoid any serious season ending injury to a first teamer for once, to reach the semi's of both cups and to win the FA cup, to beat the rs home and away and to absolutely batter them in one of those wins, and to finish 4th if no cup win or 5th with one.

And last but not least, if we are in a great position in the league come January and challenging for top 4 and the cups still, then go and sign the player we traditionally fail to do in the January window that could make a difference and give the squad a massive morale boost - Yarmolenko please ;)[/QUOTE]

Go on then, I'll settle for that too:cheers:

5th place would be a very good season. I think so far we're the best of the rest outside of the top 4. Spurs and the RS aren't anything special this year.

The expectation is changing, Everton that, but we certainly have cause to look up rather than down. Bring in a playmaker in January and we should be looking at top 8, possibly top 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.