Hopes this season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just one thing... No more Effin hamstring injuries!!!!!

Nah seriously, defo hoping for a cup and a top 5/6 finish, I do think (hope!) last season was an anomaly with regards to the amount of individual errors, things going against us etc. Martinez seems to be getting his faeces together also and hopefully, last season was a bit of a learning curve for him, so with a bit of luck this season both 'should'* be achievable.

* So scared of putting the mockers on us haha!

Taking things one step at a time. I suspect it's likely that the vultures will come circling around Stones in January, so the first step would be to ensure we're in contention for a CL spot by then. We can then realistically say to him to give us until the end of the season and see what this young team can do.

In the short term, getting past Reading in the Capital One Cup and then taking at least seven points from the RS, Manure and the Arse in October would be rather nice.

5th place would be a very good season. I think so far we're the best of the rest outside of the top 4. Spurs and the RS aren't anything special this year.

Think so far mate we look better than Chelsea and United and on par with Arsenal out of the traditional CL teams, only City look a class apart this season, common sense says that Arsenal will be top 4 as always and that Chelsea will pull it together sooner rather than later, but United look their for the taking

Think so far mate we look better than Chelsea and United and on par with Arsenal out of the traditional CL teams, only City look a class apart this season, common sense says that Arsenal will be top 4 as always and that Chelsea will pull it together sooner rather than later, but United look their for the taking
What I meant is that outside of last season's top 4 we're the best team in the league (probably). But yeah, City are the only stand out team so far this season. You never know!

What I meant is that outside of last season's top 4 we're the best team in the league (probably). But yeah, City are the only stand out team so far this season. You never know!

Spurs the rs and Southampton all look a fair way weaker than last season. Just if the likes of Swanse, Palace etc have improved enough to mount a serious challenge for the European places we won't know until January/Febuary time really

Really hope if this form of ours continues though that we use January to bring someone in to seriously give us an added push as thats been our failure in the past

Without sounding too RAWKish, I think we should be aiming for top 4. This is a year when the 'big' teams will mess up away from home, looking at United and Liverpool yesterday they are nothing to fear.

Doing the double over the kopites. It's long overdue.

Status
Not open for further replies.