home form

Status
Not open for further replies.

teppic

Player Valuation: £50m
i was just taking a closer look at the table...

wow, how bad is our home form??

if we had stoke's home form we would be 2 points off the top. even if we had won 3 games like the mid table teams we would be in the champs league placings.

goodison has done us so well over recent seasons.

what the hell is going wrong there this year??

if we had stoke's home form we would be 2 points off the top. even if we had won 3 games like the mid table teams we would be in the champs league placings.

Combination.

Yobo having his brother nabbed messed him up. Lescott obviously having his head turned whilst on England duty. And as Moyes would put it, "Spending more time trying to sign players, rather than working with the ones I have" (paraphrased).

A good question teppic "re-edited" that all of us struggle to give any definate answer to. Home form this season has been woeful results wise. Performance wise also although Villa and Manure did'nt deserve anything at Goodison. Thanks Ghost.

Last edited:
A good question Ghost that all of us struggle to give any definate answer to. Home form this season has been woeful results wise. Performance wise also although Villa and Manure did'nt deserve anything at Goodison.

I never made the question, it was Teppic.

I think the atmosphere at GP is affecting the players performance, we've had 2 interviews from Jags and Neville about how they prefer to play away from Goodison this season. If they make one mistake because of how dire we have been at GP the lads get loads of stick for it.

Ye but if they had are away form, so would they!!

I think the atmosphere at GP is affecting the players performance, we've had 2 interviews from Jags and Neville about how they prefer to play away from Goodison this season. If they make one mistake because of how dire we have been at GP the lads get loads of stick for it.

True, but I reckon that's down to the frustration that we all had to endure during the close season, and the players are getting the brunt of it.

I have missed a lot of home games as most know but there seems to be a lack of confidence in the fans ,that is transferred to the players at the first sign of things going wrong.I was not at either villa or united so cant comment on them.

whats done is done, we're beginning to play well now and with that the results will come.

If they played at home the way they do away there wouldn't be a problem, the players seem to expect the crowd to get them going and we expect them to do something to get us going

Iit's the old chicken/egg cunundrum. Fans feed off what they see on the pitch. players feed off what they hear from the crowd. something has to spark it off like Neville's challenge on Ronaldo.
A lucky break can do wonders aswell but you can't wait for luck.

You'd think that tackle would have made them realise it doesn't take that much to get the Goodison faithful to roar again, just a fierce challenge, a nice dribble or a beautiful pass in the first few minutes and the place would rock every week. That should be in the fore of the players minds, they're the ones getting £50k p.w

Status
Not open for further replies.