Holgate Racially Abused By Firmino - The Guardian

Status
Not open for further replies.
He called someone a “battyboy” when he was 15 and he’s actually getting charged for it ? Mental, unless there are more tweets we haven’t seen.

The issues with Holgate relate to when he was 15.

Is this for real??

Don't forget when that Burnley player scored against lfc to win the game, his past remarks 'mysteriously' appeared, and he was banned. Same with Holgate. The club should issue a statement that this has only been brought up to tarnish his reputation, and to deflect from what happened on Friday. This is an attempt to portray Holgate as the bad guy and the club need to get their act together to protect him. Just as the rs and their sycophants are now doing with Firmino. I bet those at the FA sitting in judgement about what a 15 year old said, said similar things or maybe worse.

You could not write it really could you, Mason racially abused and ends up painting the bad man. If that ladyboy did call him a son of a b*tch, is this not sexism? It all stinks and I'm beyond sick of us being treated as door mats, we need a tough stance on this.

They can't ban Holgate for something he said when he was 15, surely? He's 21 now, it's not recent. And I'm sure - Kop Outs excepted - they're totally doing it because they're against homophobia and not because they're mad about Firmino. :dodgy:

Just sums up out society now pretty much, everyone takes offence to everything when it suits their agenda.

I'm sorry but if we are going to hold a 15 year old (or 13 in that jungle lads case) then is there any hope for any of us?

Hell even the pojnt of saying batty boy to one of his mates, ali g said it on tv every episode and that was deemed fine. Yet 15 years later it's wrong for a footballer to have said it as a teenager?

Pathetic, winds me up no end all of this

The silence from Everton is them being extremely naive. Once Holgate gets banned and Firmino cleared then the club will wish they had backed him. Banning players for comments when they hadn't even done their GCSEs? Crazy. Another Everton first.

They can't say anything if there's an ongoing investigation.

The only thing that needs to be criticised here is the FA. Well, that and those mongoloid Liverpool fans who dragged the tweets up in the first place because they were offended by the possibility one of their players had racially abused Holgate...

Common sense should prevail. Instead we've just got the FA doing all they can to tarnish the career of a young English player while simultaneously making sure they don't upset the apple cart. Jokers.

Just sums up out society now pretty much, everyone takes offence to everything when it suits their agenda.

I'm sorry but if we are going to hold a 15 year old (or 13 in that jungle lads case) then is there any hope for any of us?

Hell even the pojnt of saying batty boy to one of his mates, ali g said it on tv every episode and that was deemed fine. Yet 15 years later it's wrong for a footballer to have said it as a teenager?

Pathetic, winds me up no end all of this

It's ridiculous.

Don't get me started on that H and M thing.

Evidently, they can't ban Holgate for violent conduct, if the ref has said that he saw it and decided not to take action. So, they're going to find a way.

I'm a year older than Holgate, give or take.

A few of my mates know him. We're from the same area.

While immature and reckless, he was 14/15 at the time of those tweets. They are tweets to friends, in the context that they were evidently not meant to be taken seriously. Ludicrous.

Status
Not open for further replies.