Hibbo, Neville and the great RB debate

Status
Not open for further replies.
We did try and get Naughton and Walker a couple of seasons ago right? Hawwy was having none of it like but it shows moyes has tried fairly recently..

Credit where credit's due, i've noticed Hibberts crossing getting better and better over the last season or two...he may not be the best but he's definitely worked on it and it's improved

Having said that he hasn't got an attacking footballers brain so it's hard for him to ever compete as being a RWB as opposed to a RB. Gotta start Nev on Saturday purely for his leadership, other than that i'd give Hibbo the game, but i think we could play Anichebe RB and he'd still have no problem against Downing

We did try and get Naughton and Walker a couple of seasons ago right? Hawwy was having none of it like but it shows moyes has tried fairly recently..

would you still have naughton im not sure i would he hasnt impressed for Norwich

i think clyne is out of contract, we could offere him 1st team football straight away which could help persuade him, depends if hes in football for money or football i guess

Not many people get past Neville. Hibbo's a fairly solid defender too.
The issue is them going forward, they're both good defenders.

In general defender news, Roger Johnson is a good centre back, and as Wolves are practically a certainty to go down, we could try and snap him up on the cheap if Jags goes. I'd rather he didn't, of course.

Im fairly sure Moyes has a new RB on his shopping list for the Summer, no doubt hes gonna be looking for a complete right hand side.

It depends how many Judas we can sell to fund it tho.

Bet you anything we don't buy a right back in the summer. Or a right winger.

As someone said earlier we have been in for right backs- Naughton, Hutton, Onuoha. There arent that many out there especially in our price bracket.

Just wish we had got Richards as part of the Lescott deal to be honest- think it was touted at the time.

As someone said earlier we have been in for right backs- Naughton, Hutton, Onuoha. There arent that many out there especially in our price bracket.

Just wish we had got Richards as part of the Lescott deal to be honest- think it was touted at the time.

Surely a decent right back should be a hell of a lot cheaper than a decent central defender, or midfielder or striker and we've managed to get plenty of them in who have been in our price range.

If Moyes wanted one he'd get one. But i reckon he knows Hibbert and Neville could be replaced with an improved model but its at the bottom of his shopping list if he can afford it after buying players elsewhere.

Surely a decent right back should be a hell of a lot cheaper than a decent central defender, or midfielder or striker and we've managed to get plenty of them in who have been in our price range.

If Moyes wanted one he'd get one. But i reckon he knows Hibbert and Neville could be replaced with an improved model but its at the bottom of his shopping list if he can afford it after buying players elsewhere.

I personally feel that it hasnt been high on the list because it hasnt been needed as much as other areas. For me creativity in midfield and a decent striker were high priorities. If we can tie up Pienaar and maybe get another creative central midfielder I think that right back then is our only issue.

My point was- there arent many out there full stop. Not ones that are good enough in my opinion.

Theres that right back at Forest, Cardiff have McNaughton although hes a little old at 30.

Not many decent ones in the Premier league in my opinion.

I personally feel that it hasnt been high on the list because it hasnt been needed as much as other areas. For me creativity in midfield and a decent striker were high priorities. If we can tie up Pienaar and maybe get another creative central midfielder I think that right back then is our only issue.

My point was- there arent many out there full stop. Not ones that are good enough in my opinion.

Theres that right back at Forest, Cardiff have McNaughton although hes a little old at 30.

Not many decent ones in the Premier league in my opinion.

Yeah sure it never been rightfully top of the list but surely he has seen the impact Baines has had and should be trying to get a rb in who can have even half the impact. We've all seen the difference between the two sides how important Baines is compared to Hibbert and Neville.

There are plenty of right backs in world football, and i'd bet plenty of them are better than Hibbert and Neville.

I actually think heitinga was signed as a RB/CB but hes far too good to consider as a RB now. Hibbert is just hibbert... Backs against the wall he will defend well but offers not much else!

We signed Jags so with the idea that he was going fill in at RB/LB/DM/CB/disaster keeper wherever he was needed. However we found out pretty quick that he was really only suited for CB. So we then hired Johnny to be our Swiss army knife player. However he's only really suited for CB as well (until this year as he's been pretty good at DM when Jags comes in).

Status
Not open for further replies.