Hibbo, Neville and the great RB debate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think we've needed a new RB for years tbf.

Feel bad saying this but when Hibbert goes forward and is about to cross, I say ffs.. it's either blocked or into the keepers hands, same with Neville really.

I love Hibbo though, top defender and does a great job 99% of the time. I always trust Neville too, I'm one of the few that like him, just NOT in centre ****ing mid.

Moyes even said in the summer that Coleman is an RB, and he wanted to play him there more, but he aint gonna drop both Hibbert and Neville, its that simple no matter how dreadful they both are, with Nev been slightly less gash than Hibbert

I've always been confused as to why Moyes has never bought a decent right back when it's been the weak link of the side for a good 5 or 6 years now. But there aren't any good right backs knocking about at the moment who we could get for a reasonable price. Maybe we could've spent big on Irola from Athletic Bilbao a while back, but I can't see that happening now because based on his recent Europa League performances he'll have a lot of big clubs after him for big money. Wouldn't be surprised if he ended up at United - they need a right back.

Agree 100% with Azurri about the RB position and the others who reckon that Coleman should be given a run. When he started as a youngster Hibbert looked the goods but he simply has not delivered. Playing one man up-front requires two overlapping fullbacks, but Hibbert is simply a poor footballer and cannot crack it. This has been the sitaution for years. One one side we have someone as nearly as good as Ray Wilson and on the other Steptoe's cart-horse.

Need another Baines type to slot in there as we play 1 up front.....fast attacking player who can overlap + push the opposition winger back....

Neither one of them as really claimed the RB spot. Would start Hibbo on Monday and Nev on Sat. They've both been torched in prior derbys however Nev does have a track record of playing well in big games.

Hibbo starts on Saturday, then we are pretty much playing with only 2 subs considering that if it goes into extra time then Nev is coming on to take a pen.

At this current moment Nev is still our best RB and id still want him starting in the important games.

I actually think if coleman hadnt spent most the season injured or recovering he would have played a few times at RB this year. So we still dont know if hes our next RB.

I actually think heitinga was signed as a RB/CB but hes far too good to consider as a RB now. Hibbert is just hibbert... Backs against the wall he will defend well but offers not much else!

In regards to this summer i wouldnt be looking to sign a RB unless it was a bargin/free kind of deal. The two wings are still priority for this summer.

Neither are great right backs. Please amend the title.

Clyne would be great.

But I agree that we should address the winger problem first, and if we have some money left over, sign Clyne up as quick as possible.

Feel Clyne out of our reach now, few big clubs already spotting hus potential.

Agree few on here that Coleman needs to be given a chance as a RB and if not maybe anither look at Kyle Naughton

clyne would be a great addition hes out of contract in the summer i believe but it has been said united are after him..... thinking this season id definitely start coleman at rb on monday

Status
Not open for further replies.