Hibbert - a constant source of effective crosses from the right wing

Status
Not open for further replies.
He played great in the second half, not so well in the first, going forward in the first half i thought he relied on Neville abit too much to cross the ball in the box.

Got absolutely Bingo'd by Deco three or four times in the opening 15 minutes.

I am a Hibbert fan, capable of putting the kind of challenge in that would leave terry clapping, but far too many times he offered the chance for a cross and too many times the result was a pass along the ground to one of theirs. Hate to say it, but shandy is a better crosser - low tragectory and lots of speed - really [Poor language removed] cech up!

I could have swore fellaini scored, i knew pienaar hadnt, its time for the clippers for both!

Save the Mou-Fro.

Baines sent in a few nice balls too mate, that low one that Lescott should of got on the end one was a peach, good to see one of players use their heads and sending it in low, seeing as Cech was catching airplanes!

Will be intresting to see if young Baines takes his chance, in the next few weeks if Yobo pulled his hamstring, six weeks isnt it!

To be honest I missed the first fifteen minutes not bad considering I left the ward at 8:05 .But from there on Hibbo was fine.I just wish Arteta would let someone else take the kicks he seems to hit the first defender 99% of the time

To be honest I missed the first fifteen minutes not bad considering I left the ward at 8:05 .But from there on Hibbo was fine.I just wish Arteta would let someone else take the kicks he seems to hit the first defender 99% of the time

I really thought Baines was going to sink one when he was lineing it up, before Arteta took it! FFS!

There you go, I suspected as much. I was hoping Moyes would see sense and take him off, shift Neville to right back and bring VDM on to break things up a bit. He's (VDM) going to end up at Wigan or Stoke next year tearing strips through top 4 defences and still being written off as a maverick.

I was being a bit harsh, he didn't really do much wrong and his distribution was better than usual. It's just cos he's such a limited player. When people say he had a good game it means he had a good game for Tony Hibbert.

He played very well.

MOTM for me.

Sounds good. Nothing better than to hear that one of the less respected players is coming good.

Terry412g12222.jpg

What is going through this guy's mind ?

Shocking first half, looked very rusty which is expected. Second half he looked alot more solid and whipped some excellent crosses in.

When everyone's fit he shouldn't be in the team but he will always be a good squad player in my opinion.

Hibbo started very poorly, getting done constantly in the first 10-15 minutes, after that? Solid performance and I've never seen him get forward so much. He did well.

Can't say I agree with the criticism aimed towards Pienaar. Yes I will admit he did not have the best game of his career, but he certainly wasn't 'awful'. Once again, his work rate was outstanding, tracking back to help the defence and then getting forward to support Cahill. Yes a few of his passes conceded possession, but to say he was awful is extremely harsh and unjustified.

On the other hand, Hibbert was my man of the match today. Solid throughout, and looked more of an attacking threat than usual. His tackle in the first half right in the corner I cant think who on was quality!!!

Can't say I agree with the criticism aimed towards Pienaar. Yes I will admit he did not have the best game of his career, but he certainly wasn't 'awful'. Once again, his work rate was outstanding, tracking back to help the defence and then getting forward to support Cahill. Yes a few of his passes conceded possession, but to say he was awful is extremely harsh and unjustified.

On the other hand, Hibbert was my man of the match today. Solid throughout, and looked more of an attacking threat than usual. His tackle in the first half right in the corner I cant think who on was quality!!!

i wonder if we'd be saying pienaar had a terrible game if the goal hadn't been disallowed...

i honestly didn't think he played badly, he saw less of the distribution but that has to be expected from time to time.

its hard to pick a man of the match for this one, jags was solid in the back, had one of those long balls been dealt with differently, we may have easily gone down. really though, i thought this game was more a triumph of teamwork, players worked well together, especially arteta / lescott / baines on the wing.

Status
Not open for further replies.