Hibbert - a constant source of effective crosses from the right wing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robin Sisland

Player Valuation: £5m
According to the BBC

The streams weren't flowing for me and I had ticket to see Wedding Present 100m up the road so missed 2/3 of the game.
Must be some mistake here. His commitment is not under question - blue to the core, but come on, pigeons and seagulls have better distribution than Tony Hibbert. Or is he about to emerge as our mid season saviour?

10 men had something to do with it, mate.

Although he did well when Terry was sent off.

Was solid all game even with Terry on IMO. Joe Cole came in more centrally in the 1st half but Hibbert kept Cashley Cole at bay - but did get pipped a few times.

He got forward more when Terry left the field and his crosses were good.

I like the sound of this as it relieves me of the responsibility of enquiring as to how everyone thinks AVDM migh have fared if brought in to shake things up for the last 20.

He did one good cross. Main problem is his feet turn to glue when he gets the ball. Literally can't move. He can either lean forwards and play a pass to try and do a one-two, or clip the ball up the line. That's all he's got.

they know what they can do with constant.

unless the crosses were marks on a scoresheet for when possession was given away, and if thats the case, theres a few other constants.

I thought Pienaar was having a nightmare and AVDM was needed, there you go i said it.

You're not wrong. Pienaar was terrible, truely the worst game I've seen him play.

Baines was awesome, could've played there - and yes I was crying out for Shandy to come on. Anything because Pienaar was awful.

He did one good cross. Main problem is his feet turn to glue when he gets the ball. Literally can't move. He can either lean forwards and play a pass to try and do a one-two, or clip the ball up the line. That's all he's got.

There you go, I suspected as much. I was hoping Moyes would see sense and take him off, shift Neville to right back and bring VDM on to break things up a bit. He's (VDM) going to end up at Wigan or Stoke next year tearing strips through top 4 defences and still being written off as a maverick.

Got absolutely Bingo'd by Deco three or four times in the opening 15 minutes.

I am a Hibbert fan, capable of putting the kind of challenge in that would leave terry clapping, but far too many times he offered the chance for a cross and too many times the result was a pass along the ground to one of theirs. Hate to say it, but shandy is a better crosser - low tragectory and lots of speed - really [Poor language removed] cech up!

I could have swore fellaini scored, i knew pienaar hadnt, its time for the clippers for both!

Status
Not open for further replies.