Henry Onyekuru

Status
Not open for further replies.
gala is like my second team so i am happy

he will do well there

fan here too, followed a little since kewell went there.

just watched a reel of henry on the youtube and he looks boss. we should definitely hang on and get him that work visa!

It should be a great loan for player and also WE actually getting cash for loan and his wages paid as far as I can see which isn't like before where we'd be paying his wages :-(

No idea why we signed someone who had no chance of obtaining a work permit.

But then again my name is not Stephen Walsh.
We are buying players at the beginning of the career because we can't afford to buy / or compete with Champions League teams them when they are household name. It was always going to be a gamble and some bets dont come off. Still some time to go on this one

I hope they don't play the long game and make sure he only plays just enough to not be worthy of an English work permit since we didn't include the option to buy clause.

On the surface seems like a brilliant loan...I have to wonder. We need to have a word with the Nigerian FA and make sure he's playing for them.

They can't do that, when you have financial fair play hanging over your head, you just can't get to mess with other clubs, risking future deals with them. It is not like Everton will say "well lads, he just can not get work permit since you did not let him play more, here, loan him for a couple of more years". No other club in a similar situation will make a deal with them as well, so it is out of question.

Onyekuru will play if he is worthy of playing, no doubt about it.

They can't do that, when you have financial fair play hanging over your head, you just can't get to mess with other clubs, risking future deals with them. It is not like Everton will say "well lads, he just can not get work permit since you did not let him play more, here, loan him for a couple of more years". No other club in a similar situation will make a deal with them as well, so it is out of question.

Onyekuru will play if he is worthy of playing, no doubt about it.

I think there has to be some assurances, if not why not just loan him out to a gash team at the bottom of the table where he play every game.

I think there has to be some assurances, if not why not just loan him out to a gash team at the bottom of the table where he play every game.
He gets extra points towards the work permit, on appeal if "the player’s current club has played in the group stages or onwards of the Champions League, Europa League or the Copa Libertadores within the last 12 months and the player has played in 30% or more of the available domestic league minutes"

This couldn’t have been more Everton - bought for £7m, loaned out to get games because he can’t get a work permit, plays well, has a horrific injury, misses out on the world cup squad.

Everton.

Status
Not open for further replies.