Hayee's Investment Thread!

Are you with me??

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mostly with you Hayee but remember: Johnson owned a lot of the contracts so sold Ferguson for his own benefit. Remember also Granchester isn't worth a dime as his mother has it all (he's just the (Moores) family representative on the board - like other Littlewoods (i.e. Moores) asslickers before & since. There is a possibility of another Portsmouth scenario but, to be honest, we're heading in that direction if something isn't done fast. We've already seen the fiasco of two failed (one deeply unpopular) ground move attempts, countless financial mortgaging moves to the point where there's no more room to squeeze another borrowing deal out of the (admittedly troubled) financial institutions, crowds are falling (various reasons), results are poor for the lack of a decent striker we can't afford (hopefully we can in January but I'm not so sure that we'll get anyone on January 31st thereby saving ourselves a month's wages at the cost of this failing) - it's not good & with a better financial plan we needn't be in this position - we've done well for a few years now - mainly thanks to Moyes - and it's time the board let go instead of pretending there's a deal in the offing, at least one they can fix for a price they aren't going to get unless they take their last chance to accept the next offer.

Good stuff Hayee, i love when people express their feelings about everton with passion. Problem is the whole situation is so muddled, there is no defenite right or wrong. Kenwright has done plenty of good things for us but also made massive mistakes, his time has come to an end, so lets hope we find a decent new owner so we can all row in the same direction again.

COYBB.

Good narrative of the last 15 years, except strangely enough you omitted to mention BK's catalogue of failures.
Pity Big Dunc didn't do it against the lesser sides more often. Hung over possibly ?

Nice one Hayee!

17 years in the same seat?!!

Are there people like waiting for other people with better seats to die so they can get an upgrade?

And I wonder who is the longest season ticket holder in the ground. Monty?

I've been attending for 40+ years but not in the same seat I have to say. Season tickets in Main Stand, various, Upper Gwladys (front row - early 70s - these tickets were passed around the family and I know they were still with the in-laws recently), Lower Bullens. Family have had season tickets for a long time tho'

I sit slightly to the left of the half way line in the upper bullens, spectacular seats, the couple infront of me have sat there for 30 years. Wouldn't change my seat for anywhere else in the ground!
Thanks for all the positive feedback, I appreciate it!
As for the negatives? Well that's your opinion and it won't change mine!
The failed ground moves? I voted no to both!
And Spike, my smilie still exists :hay: it was renamed ages ago

I sit slightly to the left of the half way line in the upper bullens, spectacular seats, the couple infront of me have sat there for 30 years. Wouldn't change my seat for anywhere else in the ground!
Thanks for all the positive feedback, I appreciate it!
As for the negatives? Well that's your opinion and it won't change mine!
The failed ground moves? I voted no to both!
And Spike, my smilie still exists :hay: it was renamed ages ago

I've sat everywhere but the Bullen's. I'll have to try it one day.

Yeah, like others have said, really well written, but in my eyes deeply flawed, relying on nostalgia and brushing aside Bills many, many shortcomings.

Too many threads on this already, many in a lot of depth, but yeah... I simply disagree.

UB3/UB4, you want anywhere between rows A and F make sure its not restricted! I think the halfway line is roughly seat number 145

ive sat in same seat in the top balc for 20 years, bang on the half way line, row b. no better seat in goodison apart from row A! Only way id be moving is when we get a new stadium...

Yeah, like others have said, really well written, but in my eyes deeply flawed, relying on nostalgia and brushing aside Bills many, many shortcomings.

Too many threads on this already, many in a lot of depth, but yeah... I simply disagree.

agreed with this long since past even going into it about bill and his tenure, but lets look to the future under bill, pip ,distan, saha, cahill or need replacing over the next season or so, osman, hibbet getting around 30 and no resale value, how is are great benifactor going to pull that one out of the hat, i think we know the answer to that.ps granchester will not put a penny into the club while bill is chairman, it goes back to the clegg days, he did offer investment and was knocked back as it diluted bills stake, he isnt on his own on that score either, bill or any others on the board havnt put a penny into this club admitted at the shed enquiry and his much launderd morgage of his house was to buy his shares an investment im sure he will want a return on, the club didnt see a penny of it.

Mostly agree Hayee, very well written - clear and passionate. One point i have to make is about Lord Granchester, he may be part of the Moores family but doesnt necessarily have access to the full fortune of that family, also in the past he has offered to fund big money purchaces of players but the board (Kenwright) refused his money. Now obviously you can only go by what you read so i cant qualify this with solid evidence, but to me it does appear that he has been shuffled off into the quiet board member area by Earl and Kenwright. Also i cant find him listed as having any shares of significance in the club? Kenwright and Earl have 8,500 each (kenwright slightly more than Earl)
I do think it worth mentioning Sir Philip Green is a complete basket to everyone, and as a life president anyone buying would have to associate at some level with him, which i assure you is very unpleasant.
Again as you said Hayee- this is my opinion and you may disagree

Status
Not open for further replies.