Hayee's Investment Thread!

Are you with me??

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
there i go writing a detailed argument and get the details wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! penis!!

I OBVIOUSLY meant Sir Philip Carter ( i was reading something else at the time and got muddled)

Mostly agree Hayee, very well written - clear and passionate. One point i have to make is about Lord Granchester, he may be part of the Moores family but doesnt necessarily have access to the full fortune of that family, also in the past he has offered to fund big money purchaces of players but the board (Kenwright) refused his money. Now obviously you can only go by what you read so i cant qualify this with solid evidence, but to me it does appear that he has been shuffled off into the quiet board member area by Earl and Kenwright. Also i cant find him listed as having any shares of significance in the club? Kenwright and Earl have 8,500 each (kenwright slightly more than Earl)
I do think it worth mentioning Sir Philip Green is a complete basket to everyone, and as a life president anyone buying would have to associate at some level with him, which i assure you is very unpleasant.
Again as you said Hayee- this is my opinion and you may disagree

granchesters mum holds the sway over there money i believe,she isnt in the kenwright fan club.
nice piece off nsno http://fixoffootball.blogspot.com/2011/11/guest-writer-stephen-maunder-on.html

Last edited:
granchesters mum holds the sway over there money i believe,she isnt in the kenwright fan club.
nice piece off nsno http://fixoffootball.blogspot.com/2011/11/guest-writer-stephen-maunder-on.html

Seems like every Kenwright character assassination these days comes with the obligatory snotty rant against fellow fans.

The Kenwright backers sadden me the most, and although this seems a blanket statement, possibly bear some resemblance to those who cheer Hibbert as he hoofs a harmless ball out of play, or shout “get in there” as he hacks someone down, whilst yelling at Bilyaletdinov as his through-ball is cut out. I don’t mean this to be a criticism of Hibbert, he’s been much improved lately, but it’s simply an illustration of the mentality of the Moyes era, or “new” Everton fans. Those who shout about “The People’s Club”, yearn for an eighth place finish, invent words such as Moyesiah and called Pienaar “peanuts” whilst berating “fancy dans” and shouting “[Poor language removed] off Bily” before the Russian attacking central-midfielder (who has never been played in central midfield at Everton) has even touched the ball. The worst are the ones who chant “Phil Neville, superstar, he’s got more medals than Steve Gerrard”. Yes boys, for Manchester United. Zero for us. Is that how small-time poor financial management has made us? Celebrating players winning medals for other teams? And I don’t like Gerrard either, but he’d walk in our team, and Phil Neville wouldn’t get in to theirs.

God forbid we should cheer the last of the one-team-players eh. And whats this "new Everton fans"?

As for Stevie Me, he isn't walking anywhere right now, let alone into our team. Prat.

Kenwright = the most disastrous 'leader' the club has ever had. There is no redeeeming feature to his time as a majority shareholder/chairman.

Lord Granchester owns nothing like 25% of the club and its only rumour but I'm told he will not sanction any investment into the club whilst Kenwright is in charge . I cannot ever forgive Kenwright for the Kirkby fiasco , which not only wasted 4 years on a fruitless project that was doomed to fail from the start but cost millions to so called " expert advisors " who were torn to pieces and humiliated at the Public Enquiry . I cannot forgive him for his failure to secure the Kings Dock stadium because it would have meant his loss of control . The bullshine that was the Fortress Sport fund and the so called lifelong Evertonian Samuelson who was tongue tied at an AGM ... Oh yes , AGM's ... remember them ? Another one of his ruses along with the stagemanaged ' Fans Forums '
Need I go on ?

Seems like every Kenwright character assassination these days comes with the obligatory snotty rant against fellow fans.

God forbid we should cheer the last of the one-team-players eh. And whats this "new Everton fans"?

As for Stevie Me, he isn't walking anywhere right now, let alone into our team. Prat.

Spot on, a truly horrendous piece, full of cliches and needless digs at our own fans and players.

When Johnson left the club there was not a penny of debt on the books... just saying.

When Johnson left the club the club owed Johnson a considerable sum, that why we mortgaged our season ticket revenu and ended up with a £30m long term loan on our balance sheet.

I may be wrong as I am not an expert on the rules surrounding Company Resolutions etc and I have not reviewed Everton's Articles of Assotiation also, nor do I know the number of shares Lord Granschester holds, however given the 3 main Board Directors hold 69% then I doubt Lord Granchester would hold enough to object to any investment proposal unless he had support from other shareholders.

Lord Granchester owns nothing like 25% of the club and its only rumour but I'm told he will not sanction any investment into the club whilst Kenwright is in charge . I cannot ever forgive Kenwright for the Kirkby fiasco , which not only wasted 4 years on a fruitless project that was doomed to fail from the start but cost millions to so called " expert advisors " who were torn to pieces and humiliated at the Public Enquiry . I cannot forgive him for his failure to secure the Kings Dock stadium because it would have meant his loss of control . The bullshine that was the Fortress Sport fund and the so called lifelong Evertonian Samuelson who was tongue tied at an AGM ... Oh yes , AGM's ... remember them ? Another one of his ruses along with the stagemanaged ' Fans Forums '
Need I go on ?

AGAIN as i said, the words i have written come from memory or seeing/hearing and reading things!
i have found the official shareholders details
http://www.evertonfc.com/club/everton-shareholders.html

Name No. of Shares Owned % Owned (of total issued shares) Comments
W Kenwright CBE (Chairman) 9,044 25.84% Significant Interest
J V Woods (Deputy Chairman) 6,622 18.92% Significant Interest
R I Earl 8,146 23.27% Significant Interest
Other Shareholders 11,188 31.97%
Total 35,000 100%

So this Jon Woods who owns 18.92% - where's his input? and, as the above figures show, 31.97% of our club is owned by "others", fans presumably! Yet Bill is the only one people ever seem to hold accountable and blame! GET A GRIP

So this Jon Woods who owns 18.92% - where's his input? and, as the above figures show, 31.97% of our club is owned by "others", fans presumably! Yet Bill is the only one people ever seem to hold accountable and blame! GET A GRIP

Thats where i was trying to go with the Grantchester slide Hayee thanks for the figures, i dont know if he has ANY shares at all or if he is just a board member? He isnt mentioned much so why do people expect him to be inputting money? i agree with you on this one hayee, kenwright isnt the only shareholder so shouldnt be singled out against the others. Any decisions the club make have to be ratified by the board which includes Earl and Woods. Not a one man crusade

AGAIN as i said, the words i have written come from memory or seeing/hearing and reading things!
i have found the official shareholders details
http://www.evertonfc.com/club/everton-shareholders.html

Name No. of Shares Owned % Owned (of total issued shares) Comments
W Kenwright CBE (Chairman) 9,044 25.84% Significant Interest
J V Woods (Deputy Chairman) 6,622 18.92% Significant Interest
R I Earl 8,146 23.27% Significant Interest
Other Shareholders 11,188 31.97%
Total 35,000 100%

Jon Woods is supposedly only(!) worth about £10million, so it's no good looking to him for money. Plenty of people have already commented about Grantchester, and I did some digging myself a couple of years back on him as it perplexed me why he wasn't stepping in. It's very difficult to establish what the real facts are, what tends to be written is hearsay - however if you want to believe it, it basically says that Grantchester fell out with Kenwright around the time that Paul Gregg ceased to be a shareholder, and won't put any cash in until BK is gone. I make no ascertion as to whether that is true or not, but if it was, you would have to ask the following questions:

If BK cares about Everton so much, why won't he disappear for the greater good by selling up to a much much wealthier Evertonian?

If Grantchester won't invest simply because of personal feelings towards Kenwright, why doesn't he simply go to the press? The groundswell of support he would be likely to receive would ultimately force BK out.

My personal view is that it goes deeper than just a personal grudge - if you believe the worst kept secret in football that P. Green esq. is the real majority shareholder in Everton FC, then Grantchester may well be less than keen to simply hand over millions of pounds to a man who's essentially done very little for us other than guaranteeing more bank loans than the Greeks have got. I wouldnt want to give money to someone like that, regardless of my personal wealth.

It could also be that he's simply not that into football - who knows.

I've certainly never heard anything about him not being able to spend family money due to his mother etc, and find that a little ludicrous if i'm honest.

Personally - I don't really mind who owns us, as long as they support the manager and the team, and do the right thing by the fans. In our hearts we would all prefer an Evertonian, but being a blue doesn't make you a sound businessman.

Woods was part of the original consortium that got rid of Johnson and has been a shareholder in his own right since 2007. He sold his video games company (known for such blockbusters as "Royal Birkdale Championship Golf") in the 90s so he doesn't have any great income, as far as I know he's basically retired so it'd be crass to demand he spends his last £10m on mercenary athletes.. His only input to the club as of late is being sat next to Bill at most games.

Status
Not open for further replies.