HAPPY FAT SAM DAY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't like the man and I'm very glad we binned him but people are being unfair. It was even worse under the no-mark we replaced him with, and latter day Martinez is still the worst I can ever remember it being as a 21st century fan.

He came, did what we needed doing, got paid, was shown the door. No need for the over the top name-calling and pantomime dramatics.
We were in a situation where there was an outside chance of relegation. Probably not, but not a comfortable place to be. BFS came in to do a job - and did it. From that point of view, he was successful. I would like to think that the club never had any intention of there being a long lasting relationship.

I remember Southampton away (1-4) a week before we appointed him and for me that performance was as bad as I’ve seen from Everton if not the worst (exactly!). I remember a picture of our back four for one of the goals and it was like how a Rugby Union back line would line up ( a diagonal line).

I don’t think he was as bad as some made out and he did the job he was brought in to do (I genuinely thought we could go down after that Southampton game) but once we were safe he showed know signs or any willingness to develop a way of playing on the front foot and attacking teams. Dire to watch. It was a missed opportunity for him also to shake off his ‘dinosaur’ tag.

Shine on you Gravy Diamond.

GettyImages.942931448.jpg

When we needed a result, he could always squeeze one out.

I like that he angered lots of people, I'm sure he angered me at times but he was a world class wum and there's no disputing that. I suspect even now he only has to make a throw away comment about his time here to make people froth at the mouth and he knows he's doing it.
He used to often talk about the summer transfer window and preparing for the new season knowing full well everyone wanted him sacked and he’d be leaving.

Status
Not open for further replies.