Halsey on GP

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've always sat in the Gwladys. Sometimes I try and watch videos on YouTube from other parts of the ground and the Gwladys sounds awesome.

Who here sits at other parts of the ground and thinks the Gwladys sounds awesome?

Had to sit in the main stand recently due to a ticket mix up. Normally sit LG, and kept looking over wishing I was there. It sounds great from the outside. My girlfriend agreed.

We are UG for the derby. Can't wait.

I've always sat in the Gwladys. Sometimes I try and watch videos on YouTube from other parts of the ground and the Gwladys sounds awesome.

Who here sits at other parts of the ground and thinks the Gwladys sounds awesome?

Sounds good from the park end but it does take a long time to travel around the ground and can be a little quite if it's just the Gwladys street is singing . Would improve if the more of the bullens road got involved as it can be heard more from the park end or if they did a trail and moved the away fans to the corner of the bullens/gwladys street

Mark Halsey, talking about whether crowds, United's in particular, affect refs decisions: "OT is one of the least hostile stadiums in the PL. It's very quiet there. Everton is one of the most hostile."

Hostile, Dog style, any style....who gives a crap?

I sit in the Park End and it's dead. We don't even get through a verse of any chant. Then fans around me have the balls to kick off when away fans call out our poor support.

I know it's not the x factor and no extra points are awarded, but i can't help feel a bit more vocal support would push the players on.

We need a section for singing or even a whole stand to be "the singing section" because the place is dead. It's so quiet at times its weird. Shouldn't take a bad challenge to get us going, even when we score it's silent afterwards.

We were 3 0 up against newcastle and it was still quiet!

Halsey will be at goodison for bt for the derby.. Hopefully he enjoys the atmosphere.

Goodison has been pathetic at times this season, the Newcastle game was woeful and we were 3-0 up!,

I think the atmosphere in Goodison has been cack for a while. There was a bit of booing and whistling at the ref last week, but very little by way of support

The Gwladys is a strange one. I sat in there for years and while there is bit of singing, it doesn't really sound that loud from the PE where I sit now

I agree with you. I often see people saying Goodison is a noisey and hostile ground and I think Really?? I know it can be at times, night games in particular. Maybe its just the modern game but I quite often come home thinking the atmosphere was a bit flat today

I sit in the Park End and it's dead. We don't even get through a verse of any chant. Then fans around me have the balls to kick off when away fans call out our poor support.

I know it's not the x factor and no extra points are awarded, but i can't help feel a bit more vocal support would push the players on.

We need a section for singing or even a whole stand to be "the singing section" because the place is dead. It's so quiet at times its weird. Shouldn't take a bad challenge to get us going, even when we score it's silent afterwards.

We were 3 0 up against newcastle and it was still quiet!

You could finish Atlas Shrugged in the Park End, nice view but it's pish for atmosphere.

People seem to be dividing the atmosphere debate into shouting v singing. On these hostile moments that we all enjoy at Goodison. The 'shouters' don't seem to realise that during these moments the back of the Gwladys Street like in GT4 for example is constantly singing. So we're coming out saying that match was boss for the singing atmosphere and loads of songs, whereas someone in say Lower Bullens is coming out saying it was boss for the shouting and the occasional song, then coming on here saying our atmosphere is great we don't do songs, but the Street Enders are saying what are you on about there was loads of songs.

I sit in the Park End and you can vaguely here the Gwladys street you just see loads of hand clapping and the middle bit bouncing a bit. The Park End is the loudest when it gets going but that's hardly ever and has to be before 30 minutes when everyone goes for there pre half time pint.

I sit in the Park End and you can vaguely here the Gwladys street you just see loads of hand clapping and the middle bit bouncing a bit. The Park End is the loudest when it gets going but that's hardly ever and has to be before 30 minutes when everyone goes for there pre half time pint.

For the first few years of the 'new'Park End the vocal support from that section was immense. Don't know what caused the change. The transferring of the middle section of seats for hospitality tickets perhaps.

Status
Not open for further replies.