2017/18 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Money again, forget the money, its a none issue, we had it to spend so the fee dosent matter, lets say we got him for 15m, that wont change his ability which is what counts. Besides look at what United paid us for Lukaku, they didnt get anyting close to value for money, clubs who have money to spend most of the time dont, as fans we need to get past this. I know where not use to spending those sums but main thing is we identified a player we wanted and got him, keep doing that and things will start to look good for us if we get the right player, and he is the right player if put in a decent side
Lukaku is brilliant

I'm not sure mate. I don't know if he's tall enough or good enough on the ball for Silva. Thats his best position though, a single man patrolling ahead of the defence as he did in the first season.

Thats the key to Sigurdssons role i think...if Gana can play as a DM then were set, but if not im not sure how he fits into the team as we would then need 2 DMs and Sigurdsson would be isolated.

Thats the key to Sigurdssons role i think...if Gana can play as a DM then were set, but if not im not sure how he fits into the team as we would then need 2 DMs and Sigurdsson would be isolated.

If you look at Sigurdsson he is quite adaptable at getting tackled/interceptions in. I think you could get a Dowell in next to them, or maybe get the best out of Davies (presuming he kicks on) then it will be very good for Sigurdsson. That 4-3-3 that helped at Watford could suit us.

Finding another quality 8 would help. The midfield would have better balance for me.

If you look at Sigurdsson he is quite adaptable at getting tackled/interceptions in. I think you could get a Dowell in next to them, or maybe get the best out of Davies (presuming he kicks on) then it will be very good for Sigurdsson. That 4-3-3 that helped at Watford could suit us.

Finding another quality 8 would help. The midfield would have better balance for me.

Sigurdsson, Baningime, Vlasic, Dowell, Davies and Gana are going to be our selection choices if Rooney + Schneiderlin + Klaassen leave.

Gana/Baningime
Davies / Sigurdsson
Vlasic/ Dowell

I think those are the main options as well as a fit McCarthy lol

Sigurdsson, Baningime, Vlasic, Dowell, Davies and Gana are going to be our selection choices if Rooney + Schneiderlin + Klaassen leave.

Gana/Baningime
Davies / Sigurdsson
Vlasic/ Dowell

I think those are the main options as well as a fit McCarthy lol

I hope McCarthy can get fit as he remains a useful wrecking ball against top opposition. We seem to play better with him in.

We probably need one more top CM, the lad from Sporting could do that. I think Sigurdsson will do well if Silva replicates the Watford game plan though, he has all the attributes of Cleverly and many more.

siggy and dowell in the same team, probably the only available option they could make us even less athletic than last season

I hope McCarthy can get fit as he remains a useful wrecking ball against top opposition. We seem to play better with him in.

We probably need one more top CM, the lad from Sporting could do that. I think Sigurdsson will do well if Silva replicates the Watford game plan though, he has all the attributes of Cleverly and many more.

If we can sell McCarthy that would be ideal...hes done very well when not injured but thats the thing...hes always crocked!!

Definitely need another CM...not Carvalho...i think RLC has the size and attributes we need...if not him then someone similar u21 who can grow with the young group.

If we can sell McCarthy that would be ideal...hes done very well when not injured but thats the thing...hes always crocked!!

Definitely need another CM...not Carvalho...i think RLC has the size and attributes we need...if not him then someone similar u21 who can grow with the young group.

I'd love Doucoure mate but can't see that happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.