2017/18 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
We'd be lucky to get £4.5m for Gylfi, having said that I still think he'll be good for us next season. The man can certainly take a free kick, just not a pen obviously.

I know youre joking...but no club is taking on a £150k a week wage for him.

What do you think hes worth?

Was a bit of a joke tbf. I actually think he's a good player, with a decent pre-season and playing in his preferred position reckon he could be a big player for us this year. With Tosun he's actually got a player he can aim at.

Preferred position...which is it lol

The point is his "best position" is one which doesn't exist in in a 4-3-3.

Some of us might have mentioned this two or three times before he signed :)

He plays best in a 4-4-1-1 . Would have done well under Moyes in the Cahill/Fellaini role behind a striker.

Has to be played as an 8.

I feel for Siggurdsson, besides the missed penalty he actually played really well vs Nigeria.

Still think he will be big for us next season.

I think the first half he was decent. But he tired quickly, albeit the entire Iceland side did given Nigeria had 70% of the ball in the first half.

He was poor in the second half, and the penalty miss summed it up.

But, he played well against Argentina.

Tbf he hasn't taken a single decent free kick for Everton yet
I am not a huge fan of Gylfi but even I can admit that he is good with free kicks and has done generally well with those with us.. But that's the problem imo, he is excellent with dead ball situations(penalty excluded) but doesn't influence open play to the same degree.

I think the first half he was decent. But he tired quickly, albeit the entire Iceland side did given Nigeria had 70% of the ball in the first half.

He was poor in the second half, and the penalty miss summed it up.

But, he played well against Argentina.
Gilfy is not match fit y’all. Yesterdays game proved that the injury caught up with him. Nothing else to say really but he should have slotted the pen.

I am not a huge fan of Gylfi but even I can admit that he is good with free kicks and has done generally well with those with us.. But that's the problem imo, he is excellent with dead ball situations(penalty excluded) but doesn't influence open play to the same degree.

Not to the same degree no, but then again we created the next to least amount of chances in the league under Sam mate, so let's see what happens under Silva.
Gyfli influenced open play enough at Swansea.

Money again, forget the money, its a none issue, we had it to spend so the fee dosent matter, lets say we got him for 15m, that wont change his ability which is what counts. Besides look at what United paid us for Lukaku, they didnt get anyting close to value for money

Lukaku has increased in value by 50%
Gylfi has halved at best

Not to the same degree no, but then again we created the next to least amount of chances in the league under Sam mate, so let's see what happens under Silva.
Gyfli influenced open play enough at Swansea.
Oh, I'll give him a pass under Sam. But I'm skeptical of him overall. I agree, Martina being the literal worst footballer I have ever seen didn't help either.

Status
Not open for further replies.