2019/20 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps loaning him out and unfortunately having to subsidise a large chunk of his huge wages? That’s how these situations often seem to play out.

But freeing a squad place for a far better ACM with pace, to come in.

Players such as Sigurdsson really have the potential to leave a nasty stain on Ancelotti's career when the history books will show he went from winning Champions Leagues to leading Everton to finish behind the likes of Burnley and Southampton and Newcastle...

Ghosty Siggurdshite must be friggin spectacular in training, cos he is invisible during a real match.

Sick if him pointing at players running past him, the coward.

Perhaps loaning him out and unfortunately having to subsidise a large chunk of his huge wages

Clubs loathe to do this with good reason, but if he is genuinely on 100k a week, and we can find someone that will take him on loan for 50k a week, then we simply have to do it! It leaves us with an additional 50k a week to offer to somebody else! Much better than being lumbered with Siggy for 100k a week!

Id be surprised if anyone makes an offer for him. If they do it will only be off his past reputation. Why anyone would spend money on this waste of space is beyond me. Never seen a player who cost so money and came with a lot of hype do so very little, to the point where he literally doesn’t do anything on the field but weaken us. Awful signing.

He's always been the same. This is why he was hounded out of spurs. He's a mediocre player. Many, including myself said it when he was signed, he's really just not very good. Goes hiding when going gets tough, doesn't influence the game, when playing left he cost us countless games due to laziness and a complete lack of football intelligence, drifting in and mind sleeping game after game. His pass to DCL in the first half sums him up, lovely first touch and good ball to a man who is clearly 5 yards, at least ,offside. Brain dead stuff. Never been a fan. Don't know how anyone could defend his time here. Stolen a wage.

Last edited:
Just caught up on the game and I am completely baffled how he’s managed to start so many games.

He must clearly have a clause in his contract to have Ancelotti starting him.

The curse of Walsh/koeman,we must be in a bigger financial mess than we think.

Our only realistic hope is that a club in the US of A or China want to pay silly money for a "name" signing, and this same club haven't watched Everton (and Sigurdsson) play for the past three seasons.

And by "silly money" a $15m offer and I'd snap their arm off.

Our only realistic hope is that a club in the US of A or China want to pay silly money for a "name" signing, and this same club haven't watched Everton (and Sigurdsson) play for the past three seasons.

And by "silly money" a $15m offer and I'd snap their arm off.
MLS clubs don’t pay big transfer fees. They can’t afford to. It’s China or maybe some club in the Middle East, but Sig isn’t a big enough name I don’t think. We’re stuck with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.