2019/20 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
If that's true, you'd say lacking confidence/being afraid of the ball.

Not lazy.

If he's "lazy", you wouldn't expect him to cover more ground than every other Everton player, or in the top 10 in the whole league.

He also touches the ball more than most as well.

He's just been crap this season, but not as crap as the abuse he gets IMO and he's also a better option at the moment than what we have.

It can’t be confidence lacking because, again, it was proven last season he just runs around in the non ‘action zones’

Fella is a con man and he needs shut, ASAP

The most infuriating about the disallowed goal yesterday, was the way he just sat there. It was more than two seconds. It was nearer five. Basically he had plenty of time to get up. Surely he must have realised that sitting there would make it a 99% certainty that any goal would have been disallowed. Anything we did whilst he was sitting in the six yard box was pointless.

Sigurdsson in the side is like playing with ten men. It got worse yesterday, because at that moment, we went from playing with ten men, to playing against twelve – because sitting where he was sitting, made him their best defender.

The most infuriating about the disallowed goal yesterday, was the way he just sat there. It was more than two seconds. It was nearer five. Basically he had plenty of time to get up. Surely he must have realised that sitting there would make it a 99% certainty that any goal would have been disallowed. Anything we did whilst he was sitting in the six yard box was pointless.

Sigurdsson in the side is like playing with ten men. It got worse yesterday, because at that moment, we went from playing with ten men, to playing against twelve – because sitting where he was sitting, made him their best defender.

I think he actually did the best thing by sitting there. He should have held his foot crying injury from the blatant pen he should have had though.

Getting up would have been interfering with play / line of vision.

The worst thing he did for me yesterday was shake the refs hand after the game.

We need more sore/bad losers.

Imagine any of Barkley, Davies, Calvert Lewin etc. put in the sort of performances he has done this season. The abuse they’d be getting would be unbelievable. I’ve never known a player get away with utter tripe he’s put on show and yet still some fans can barely say a word against him without his fan club coming out in force. I’d say he’s our worst signing of the premier league era by a long distance given return for cost.

I think he actually did the best thing by sitting there. He should have held his foot crying injury from the blatant pen he should have had though.

If he had been crying injury, then fair enough. He didn't though. He just sat there, like the spectator he is. It seemed to epitomize what he is now.

I had always defended him. I blamed previous managers for not playing to his strengths etc. I can't defend him anymore. There is one thing being poor under Silva. It's another when you even Ancelotti can't get a tune out of him.

Should never be missing from that distance out, horrible effort

Neither should Bruno Fernandes a minute before.

Like I said, he should have scored. But it's also an excellent save. He also gets completely wiped out.

He played okay yesterday. Not saying that's good enough but he was an inch away from winning it on two occasions (the fk that hit the post you can't really say anything other than bad luck)

Imagine any of Barkley, Davies, Calvert Lewin etc. put in the sort of performances he has done this season. The abuse they’d be getting would be unbelievable. I’ve never known a player get away with utter tripe he’s put on show and yet still some fans can barely say a word against him without his fan club coming out in force. I’d say he’s our worst signing of the premier league era by a long distance given return for cost.

He gets plenty of abuse and fairly so.

Like I said, he's got far more abuse for yesterday than he actually deserved because overall he didn't play badly.

No there wasn’t.

Sorry, just recounted. There's three.

Definitely enough time for him to get up. Enough time for him to do anything but 'interfere' with play though, no chance?

Either way he'd still be offisde. Unless he'd legged it off the pitch.

Yep. He hit the ground pretty hard, so it's not shocking he didn't bounce right back up. I think he looks up, sees where the ball is and knows if he DOES get up, he's definitely going to be obstructing the GK. It was probably the right move.

Status
Not open for further replies.