2019/20 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rubbish yet again. Still has 1-2 years left on his contract and no club in the world will offer him anywhere near the wages he's currently on, so just accept - like Walcott, Iwobi, Keane, Pickford et al - that he isn't going anywhere until his contract is up. Sad.

0DF63890-B3BB-45EC-8C60-FA2C9A19CBBC.jpeg

He certainly did try yesterday but it is hard to know exactly what he is supposed to be doing on the pitch.
He isn't an attacking or defensive midfielder, he lacks pace and when in possession he isn't very creative.

He was garbage against Arsenal and I have no idea why he started yesterday.

But he played fine. People blaming him for not getting up – there was two seconds between him falling and then DCL hitting his shot.

We've been ripped by the officials and he had no impact (funnily enough) on the play in that moment.

Should he have scored? Probably. But it's a great save. Just like Pickford's at the other end.

But he played fine. People blaming him for not getting up – there was two seconds between him falling and then DCL hitting his shot.

We've been ripped by the officials and he had no impact (funnily enough) on the play in that moment.

Should he have scored? Probably. But it's a great save. Just like Pickford's at the other end.
Should never be missing from that distance out, horrible effort

No there wasn’t.

Just had a look at a replay with an angle from behind the goal. It's a pretty crap shot from Sigi but Wan-Bissaka completely takes him out. No idea how that's not a pen.
It wasn't a pen because var chose not to see it all they were interested in was disallowing the goal just like they chose not to see the Freds studs in Richarlisons knee but they reviewed DCL tackle for a possible sending off

Status
Not open for further replies.