2019/20 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to say, having watched it back a few times, he should have got up quicker, he went to pull a sock up. Having said that, he was shoved in the back by Wan Bissaka.

I still think it should have stood mind you.

Ye tbh I was a bit puzzled why we took so long to take each corner too, lack of urgency

If Ancelotti remains with 442 I don't think there'll be a place for him in the side. Except as a willing utility player as he is being used now.

Was preferred, out of position, ahead of Bernard and Iwobi against yesterday.

He's never been willing in his career, the lazy toad

Nah, never lazy.

Regularly #1 in terms of distance covered, not just for Everton;

... But in the entire league;

He's been crap this season, but the criticism is disproportionate IMO.

Nah, never lazy.

Oh aye aye, he runs about abit

As pointed out last season, he's always running wide. Never getting involved

Oh aye aye, he runs about abit

As pointed out last season, he's always running wide. Never getting involved

If that's true, you'd say lacking confidence/being afraid of the ball.

Not lazy.

If he's "lazy", you wouldn't expect him to cover more ground than every other Everton player, or in the top 10 in the whole league.

He also touches the ball more than most as well.

He's just been crap this season, but not as crap as the abuse he gets IMO and he's also a better option at the moment than what we have.

Not lazy.

If he's "lazy", you wouldn't expect him to cover more ground than every other Everton player, or in the top 10 in the whole league.

He's just been crap this season, but not as crap as the abuse he gets IMO and he's also a better option at the moment than what we have.

He's a con man. Runs so he gets close to the ball defending, close but not close enough to make a tackle. His pace to run to a defender so he doesnt get passed to when we have the ball is also impressive!

Not lazy.

Do you think he is a better option than bernard or iwobi?

Not lazy.

@RickyRyder is that you?

Not lazy.

He completely stepped out of a 50/50 half way up United's half yesterday too after DCL and Richarlison had harried them into an error.

I agree that the stick he gets is OTT a lot of the time but even my mild mannered self yelled some bad things at him through the TV yesterday.

If we played with a 10, he was allowed to just stand outside the box in space, and we got regular free-kicks in good positions then he’d be useful.

Unfortunately this isn’t Subbuteo so he isn’t useful to us.

Nah, never lazy.

You have to "cover the distance" when you running away from the ball. Like the boxer that runs away from the opponent so that he doesn't get hit. Check the distance he covered compared to his opponent.

Status
Not open for further replies.