2019/20 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, just recounted. There's three.

Definitely enough time for him to get up. Enough time for him to do anything but 'interfere' with play though, no chance?

Either way he'd still be offisde. Unless he'd legged it off the pitch.

Forward tumble rolls towards the linssman would have done the trick.

Ive just counted it and I've managed to do 5 in my living room during the time it takes for CL to get his shot off.

They might not teach forward tumble rolls in Iceland though, in our school that was basically my P. E lesson for 12 years

Sadly if he goes down holding his leg and we score even if VAR over rules the goal it HAS to give a penalty as Siggurdsson is "down" hurt from a tackle.

The fact he's sat there like a clown gives the corrupt Jon Moss the opportunity to do us.

Like Walcott not going down when he's being blatently pulled at Brighton our players are thick and are not street wise / have the game management required to play the game these days.

Could he have done better. Yes?

Could he have got up quicker. Probably. But there's no guarantee at all that he still isn't adjudged offside if he's beyond the play.

The ref/VAR screwed us. Sigurdsson's offside but clearly isn't involved in the play in any way. Hasn't touched it, hasn't blocked De Gea from getting to it/his line of sight.

It's very Everton fandom to pin the blame on our own player.

And yes, he has been crap this season. In no way am I disputing that.

How on earth have you managed to come to the conclusion that he played alright just because he hit the post with a free kick?

By watching the game and overall, I think he did alright.

He wasn't the 3/10 he was v Arsenal and I don't think he was a 7/10 or above either.

It was a 6/10, run of the mill performance. He didn't go hiding like he did v Arsenal and missed a good chance at the end. The officials still cost us, though.

Alright - average. It's not rocket science. I'm not saying he was amazing.

Forward tumble rolls towards the linssman would have done the trick.

Ive just counted it and I've managed to do 5 in my living room during the time it takes for CL to get his shot off.

They might not teach forward tumble rolls in Iceland though, in our school that was basically my P. E lesson for 12 years

Honestly mate, he could get up quicker, definitely. And he could definitely do better with the finish - but it is a good save.

But the abuse and stuff. He wasn't overall, that bad on Sunday. We need better. I don't know why he started really - maybe it was to try and expose them from set-pieces or whatever.

But it's still the decision-makers which cost us. If that's Fernandes (who was excellent but still missed a similar chance, as did Ighalo, minutes before) at the other end in that position we know it'd have been a goal.

Honestly mate, he could get up quicker, definitely. And he could definitely do better with the finish - but it is a good save.

But the abuse and stuff. He wasn't overall, that bad on Sunday. We need better. I don't know why he started really - maybe it was to try and expose them from set-pieces or whatever.

But it's still the decision-makers which cost us. If that's Fernandes (who was excellent but still missed a similar chance, as did Ighalo, minutes before) at the other end in that position we know it'd have been a goal.

I know mate I was only kidding (though it would have looked cool rolling along like tumbleweed)

Ive mentioned it previously, I don't blame him for not moving. He gets snapped, is about to check his left shin, relapses the ball is in play and stays still.

I thought it was a bad miss at the match (I thought he was striding onto it perfectly and could have walloped it) but when you watch it from the TV camera you can see he's slightly on the stretch so doesn't strike it as clean as he'd like. He's then cleaned straight out by Wan Bissaka.

It was another 5/6 out of 10 performance from him. He's just so immobile so he's either too slow to cstch up with play, or too slow to get back into shape defensively. His tackling is piss poor and th amount of times he sells himself and gets done by a simple shimmy is shocking.... But.... They just aren't parts of his game that I expect him to do well In.

In his defence he could have had 2 yesterday, could have easily had one against Palace when he dribbled his way through and brought out a fine stop. So we coukd be sitting here saying he's scored 3 from 3 and he's found a bit of form

Its why the managers pick him, because of his goal threat.

100% though of we are sticking with 442 he's going to need to be replaced and moved on.

I know mate I was only kidding (though it would have looked cool rolling along like tumbleweed)

Ive mentioned it previously, I don't blame him for not moving. He gets snapped, is about to check his left shin, relapses the ball is in play and stays still.

I thought it was a bad miss at the match (I thought he was striding onto it perfectly and could have walloped it) but when you watch it from the TV camera you can see he's slightly on the stretch so doesn't strike it as clean as he'd like. He's then cleaned straight out by Wan Bissaka.

It was another 5/6 out of 10 performance from him. He's just so immobile so he's either too slow to cstch up with play, or too slow to get back into shape defensively. His tackling is piss poor and th amount of times he sells himself and gets done by a simple shimmy is shocking.... But.... They just aren't parts of his game that I expect him to do well In.

In his defence he could have had 2 yesterday, could have easily had one against Palace when he dribbled his way through and brought out a fine stop. So we coukd be sitting here saying he's scored 3 from 3 and he's found a bit of form

Its why the managers pick him, because of his goal threat.

100% though of we are sticking with 442 he's going to need to be replaced and moved on.

Agree entirely mate.

Just think the stick is being directed at the wrong person really, in this very particular instance.

55B36359-0EB4-46DC-BC77-DE9294518CFF.jpeg

He certainly had the presence of mind to lift his legs out of the way. He wasn't too slow either, once he thought we'd scored. If only he'd shown that sort of movement five seconds earlier.

We dropped two points there. It's all on him. All of it. Jordan Pick-that-one-out didn't help, but we'd moved passed that.

There is no place in this team for this guy now. It's gone passed him bringing nothing - he has a detrimental impact now.

I honestly thought we'd seen the last of him after his disappearing act in the FA Cup at Anfield. Apparently not.

He certainly had the presence of mind to lift his legs out of the way. He wasn't too slow either, once he thought we'd scored. If only he'd shown that sort of movement five seconds earlier.

We dropped two points there. It's all on him. All of it. Jordan Pick-that-one-out didn't help, but we'd moved passed that.

There is no place in this team for this guy now. It's gone passed him bringing nothing - he has a detrimental impact now.

I honestly thought we'd seen the last of him after his disappearing act in the FA Cup at Anfield. Apparently not.

It’s not all on him if we had a perfectly fine winner chalked off.

It’s not all on him if we had a perfectly fine winner chalked off.

I disagree mate. He was in the six yard box in front of the goal. The way I see it is that he was interfering with play, because he had to move his legs out of the way. If that hadn't been the case, then yeah - we might have a case for having had a perfectly good goal chalked off. Thing is - We'd all have been up in arms if that goal had stood, if it was at the other end.

It's all on him. He should have moved. He didn't. He actually sat up and watched the attack play out. He was a spectator - no change there.

I disagree mate. He was in the six yard box in front of the goal. The way I see it is that he was interfering with play, because he had to move his legs out of the way. If that hadn't been the case, then yeah - we might have a case for having had a perfectly good goal chalked off. Thing is - We'd all have been up in arms if that goal had stood, if it was at the other end.

It's all on him. He should have moved. He didn't. He actually sat up and watched the attack play out. He was a spectator - no change there.

Shot was going wide, it would have been an own goal, offside doesn’t apply.

Status
Not open for further replies.