2019/20 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if Carlo does'nt rate Bernard or Iwobi, they are still better in that area of the pitch than Siggy. When he came on today Bernard was pushed out on the right and just looked out of sorts because of it. I can only think that it must be to do with the set piece thing given that Digne is out at the moment.
Maybe. But then Baines can just take over set plays.

My theory is he wants someone who is more of a midfielder sitting in front of Baines. Bernard/Iwobi will look to roam and make plays more frequently and Baines could end up exposed. Sigurdsson will just sit.

A nasty infection that clings on to the XI every game. Hopefully Ancelotti will bring us some antibiotics come the summer.

Just why does Carlo keep picking him....crazy decision every week. We can slate gylfi all we like but it ain’t his fault he gets picked....

Difficult to know if he should be persevered with. Carlo will decide. Maybe old form will return, probably not though. He is not top of the long list of players we should bin asap.

Was plop for 90% of the game but could (and should) have scored 2 goals today.

That's why managers persevere with him, because they believe he's only one shot away from getting back into some kind of scoring form.

He was picked above Bernard (who done nothing but then in the 93rd minute the peach of a ball for Richarlison to lay it off for Gylfi) and Iwobi so that's a poor reflection on them currently and they need to be doing far more

Difficult to know if he should be persevered with. Carlo will decide. Maybe old form will return, probably not though. He is not top of the long list of players we should bin asap.

the only time he's been really good is when he was angry coming off the bench, then its like "siggy is good he should start" so he starts and is a total waste of space.

I have to say, having watched it back a few times, he should have got up quicker, he went to pull a sock up. Having said that, he was shoved in the back by Wan Bissaka.

I still think it should have stood mind you.

Still such a fustrating player.

I said all of this last season but he is the player who can produce magic in a split second but never consistent enough to warrant his role in the team.

Hopefully we sell him and upgrade on the summer. We have seen how limited he is now, hopefully we can get double figures back

Status
Not open for further replies.