2019/20 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.

He's still an asset for a team in Spain/Italy where they get more time, but he's 100% finished at EFC. There's not a position in any shape that he will contribute for us going forward. Im just excited how good we could be with a decent midfield

Worked his nuts off today. Well in Gylfi. His set pieces were excellent too.

Got to bury that chance though.
He does put the effort out I can't fault him there.

But he really genuinely isn't very good anymore. Last year his performance level was probably masked a bit by the finishing hot streak. This year without the goals you can really see he isn't offering much. Deadball is still ok but outside that we aren't getting nearly enough. And having Bernard/Iwobi play out of position for him doesn't make sense to me.

But he really genuinely isn't very good anymore. Last year his performance level was probably masked a bit by the finishing hot streak. This year without the goals you can really see he isn't offering much. Deadball is still ok but outside that we aren't getting nearly enough. And having Bernard/Iwobi play out of position for him doesn't make sense to me.
Yeah I really have no argument regarding his inclusion. I would hope we can find someone to replace him. Gbamin may be that player.

But I think it says something that Bernard and Iwobi are the ones missing out even though they are both natural wide men. King Carlo clearly feels Siggy is providing something and I'd imagine it's what we are saying: loads of effort.

He's also very important for building up from the back because he's so calm on the ball.

I think the end is nigh for him here. I'll wish him well and everyone should given how good he was last season.

Yeah I really have no argument regarding his inclusion. I would hope we can find someone to replace him. Gbamin may be that player.

But I think it says something that Bernard and Iwobi are the ones missing out even though they are both natural wide men. King Carlo clearly feels Siggy is providing something and I'd imagine it's what we are saying: loads of effort.

He's also very important for building up from the back because he's so calm on the ball.

I think the end is nigh for him here. I'll wish him well and everyone should given how good he was last season.
The problem is while he is calm with the ball he isn't giving us much with it. Not a ton of forward passing and obviously he isn't dribbling forward. I do feel this may simply be a mechanism to cover for Baines so we will see when Digne is back what happens.

At some point though we need creativity from the wide positions. Richarlison has stepped up lately and set plays have been huge. The wings have to do more on that front.

Even if Carlo does'nt rate Bernard or Iwobi, they are still better in that area of the pitch than Siggy. When he came on today Bernard was pushed out on the right and just looked out of sorts because of it. I can only think that it must be to do with the set piece thing given that Digne is out at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.